Chapter 4: We aren't terrorists

We got all the way to the gates when the security stopped us, asking for our passports. Shit, seems like our "guide" forgot we're going back to the states in this little excavation. Also, I signed up to skip a period or two, not leave back to america. Not the same Emery, not the same.

"Um, one, we can't let a group of underage minors on a place to a different continent alone. Two, even if we could, we can't let you board without your passports." The guard then pointed to the opening in the line, silently telling us to buzz off.

"Sir, we get that. But please just make an exception just this once. O-our family is abusive and we need to leave now!" Emery stammered. Good gods this was going horribly. How can a dude whose job is to basically just lie to people be so absolutely TERRIBLE at lying.

"It's not like where terrorists or something" I mumbled to my friends

"You're terrorists!" The man exclaimed and grabbed his taser pointing it at me and my friends. "I knew it! There is no way you're all related!"

I looked at our little pack, a brown girl, a black dude, and two white boys who are different kinds of white.

"No no sir, you don't understand! We're foster children!" Mikayla says in her sappy sweet voice, it almost convinces me that we are foster kids.

"Oh, yeah. That makes sense" The man says, putting his taser back in his pocket before doing a double take. "But you're still terrorists! A-and you can't board!" He says once again angered. Mikayla sighs before stepping in front

"Sir, please. Just this once, make an exception for us. For me." She sounds on the verge of begging, her hand is on his bicep. Is this grown man really about to fall for this? Shit, I probably would.

"Fine, fine. Just don't tell anyone" he says opening the rope and letting us pass though onto the plan. I look back to see him watching us leave with a look in his eyes that wasn't just sympathy for foster children.

"Holy shit, what if we were terrorists though" I whisper to them as we walk down the runway. Yeri nudges me "Don't make that man come back for us!" and I can practically feel Emerys eye roll next to me.

"How did you know that would work?" He asks, pure interest in his voice

"Works every time. Yeri calls it pretty privilege, I say it's just pedos looking for a victim" she shrugs as we find our seats. I finally realized something. No one has jackshit. Mikayla has a tote bag, Emery has a fanny pack, where did he even get that thing, and Yuri and I only have our deep ass pockets. I dig in mine to find my phone, headphones, 6 dollars and a tech deck.

"Bro, what did you get to pack?" I say nudging Yeri who is trying to get situated in his seat.

"Nothing! Because I didn't know we were fleeing the country like the terrorists you keep calling us. Also, Mika is literally asian! Might wanna be careful with that one." They whisper shout

"My bad, my bad. Do you have anything with you though?"

"Lemme check, a charger, a pencil, a fortune cookie, and my math test" He says before opening the test "and we are not looking at the test." they say before tossing it into the isle

"Why do you have a charger but no phone?"

"My parents still haven't given it back."

"Doesn't explain why you're still carrying the charger"

"Because your dumbass never charges your phone." they say tapping on my screen, "12%." they say proving their point

"Mika, what do you have with you?" Yeri says, elbowing her out of her dazed state.

"Huh, what? Oh. Book, brush, phone,headphones, perfume, charger, lip gloss." She says counting on her fingers before going back to trying to sleep

"You think we can just steal her brush?" I ask , leaning over to her strawberry tote bag. Yuri slaps my arm before it can go fully in "No! We can't. Use your tech deck or something man. I wanna sleep too." Yeri says before drifting off, joining Emery and Mika who were already half asleep.