Wipes 2 years of sins

If you were to be asked

Which days are the best 10 days in the year?

you would have to say

The first 10 days of Dhul_Hijjah

Now, where do we get this from?

we get it from the hadith of Ibn Abbas (RA) where he speaks about what the Prophet(saw) said:

he says there are no days werein which good deeds are more loved by Allah except or than the first 10 days of Dhul-Hijjah.

so this means do as many good deeds as you can during the days.

Which days?

These 10 days of Dhul-Hijjah

The Prophet (saw) has taught us about these 10 days, Infact Allah (swt) mentions their virtue in a certain way in the Quran.

He swears by the 10 days, 10 days of what?

They're the 10 days of Dhul-Hijjah.

Allah is taking an oath by them, he hasn't even taken oath by Ramadan but he's taken an oath here by the 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah.

So this goes to show that there are no days werein which Allah loves good deeds more than these 10 days of Dhul-Hijjah.

Don't confuse Ramadan...

Ramadan, The nights are powerful.

Dhul-Hijjah, the days are extremely powerful, Allah love them.

Allah wants you to engage in worship.

It's a season

It is depicting the life of Ibrahim (as) who was the most loved unto Allah.

So, remember that Allah wants you to do things that he did in order to understand the lesson from it and to gain piety and closeness to Allah as a result.

And that is why the best of the days is the day of Arafah and it is sunnah to Fast on that day.

The day of Arafah, For those who are not in Hajj and on that day if you were to Fast you will get a reward or you will get a reward of the sins, the minor sins of the current year as well as the next year wiped out. So, that's 2 years of sins wiped out.

By doing What?

By Fasting on the day of Arafah for a person who is not in Hajj.

If you're in Hajj then it is not Sunnah, you shouldn't fast on the day of Arafah.

The 9th of Dhul-Hijjah, is the day of Arafah.

May Allah grant us ability to fast on the day of Arafah and May Allah (swt) accept it from us.

May Allah Bless You All.

-------------------------------------------------------------