The two kings

There were two kings known for being the strongest and wealthiest. They were also good friends or so it seemed.
On the outside, they seemed to know each other inside and had quite a good connection with one another. They never waged war on each other.
The two king's names were Walter Augustinburg and Alzef Grassong.

Walter is the king of Hameroth, which is dubbed "The Human Kingdom." He is known for being a strong and selfless leader.
Alzef is the king of Elventroph, which is dubbed "The Elvish Kingdom"and is known for his wits and kindness.

But these are just masquerades that they are seen as.
Walter is a selfish person, and when it comes to a way of getting more money in the treasury, he will do everything in his power to get it. He is also xenophobic and magiphobic. Which led magic being band in his kingdom.
Now I'm sure you're expecting Alzef to be worse but he is actually a soft hearted ,family man despite his wife being dead and his son avoiding him he does everything in his power to connect with his family and tends to push his royal duties to the side to put family first.

Now the only one's who know these facts about them are the ones who work in their castle, their family and each other.

Now this brings us to the beginning.

It was one faithful day...