⚴ 𝟐.𝟓 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐒

◃ ⅠⅠ ▹

***

EMILIE AND I had gotten to class early today, and since our teacher had assigned new seats, I was sitting closer to the four of them. But when I entered class today, I saw a familiar head of blonde hair and blue eyes sitting in my seat.

My eyebrows furrowed involuntarily as I walked toward my seat, confused. "Um, you're in my seat." I say as I stand in front of the teen who was considered a fugitive.

He looked me up and down before giving me a smirk. "I don't see your name on it."

I narrowed my eyes at him slightly. "You're Ian right?" I asked with feigned innocence. I could hear Emilie snort in amusement before coughing to cover up her laugh.

The smirk on his face faltered when I got his name wrong. "It's Isaac." He corrected me, irritation written all over his face

"Oh, yeah, that's right," I snapped my fingers together while pretending to remember. "I never did catch your name before you became a fugitive." I sent him a sarcastic smile.

His sneer slowly turned into an all-knowing smirk. "Well, why do you think I'm here? My name has been cleared."

I huffed, not really caring. "Yeah, whatever, you're still one of Derek's betas, and I'm not fond of any of them. So could you get out of my assigned seat." I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently.

Isaac sent me a smug smile and leaned back in his (my) seat even further. "Nope. I'm pretty comfortable right here."

My left eye twitched, and the urge to pounce on him with my silver pocket knife that was in my pocket was at an all-time high, but I managed to restrain myself and gave him the nastiest scowl I could.

I began to walk past him and saw that his foot was in the aisle, so I "accidentally" stepped (stomped) on his foot as I stalked to the empty seat behind Emilie. I heard a sharp inhale of pain from him, and it made me smirk as I sat down.

As I pulled my notebook out of my bag and set it on my desk, I saw Scott enter the classroom and make eye contact with me. He sent me a smile before it faltered when I registered that I wasn't in my regular seat, and it fell when his eyes landed on Isaac sitting in my chair.

Scott made his way over to his seat and greeted us with a quiet "hi" before his eyes were trained on Isaac intently.

A couple of minutes had gone by, and Emilie and I were chatting quietly before Stiles came rushing into the room and sat down behind Scott. We had stopped talking and turned to look at a slightly out-of-breath Stiles.

"Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news."

"Hey, dingus," I call out to Stiles to get his attention. His head snapped over to where I was sitting next to him, and I wagged my fingers at him with a tight smile on my face. I could see the confusion wash over him as he registered that I wasn't in my assigned seat.

"I think we already know." Scott gestured to my former assigned chair, where Isaac had taken residence, and I could feel the smugness coming off of him.

***

"All right. I only found one thing online called a Kanima. It's a Werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles informed us as we walked out of class and into the hallways.

"That thing was not a jaguar." Scott said.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles pointed out.