⚴ 𝟐.𝟏 𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀

◃ ⅠⅠ ▹

***

BEACON HILLS, CALIFORNIA
LATE FEB 2011
FIRST POV:

***

I TUGGED DOWN my sleeves from underneath the navy blue zip-up. I trailed behind Emilie, and she led me through the hallways of the hospital.

"Don't you think it's going to be awkward if I meet your friends at the hospital and not at school?" I asked her as I matched her pace and started to walk next to her.

Emile pursed her lips as I could see the gears in her head turn. "It'll be awkward at first, but that's just Stiles's natural state of being. Besides, we're not going to be here that long." Emilie said as she nudged my shoulder with hers.

This morning, Nicole suggested that Emilie show me around town since it was my first full day in Beacon Hills before we went back to school. Before I could make an excuse and stay in the house, Emilie agreed eagerly. I didn't want to dampen the excitement that was emitting from Emilie, so I said it would sound fun. Emilie showed me around, but when we got lunch, she asked me if she could visit her friend Lydia after she showed me around.

As Emilie showed me around town, I got to learn more about her and what it was like living in Beacon Hills. I feel the affection she had for the town and her friends, but at certain moments when she was talking about school, I could feel the tension coming off of her. It was like she was holding something back, but I didn't want to be the person to pry, so I just listened intently to her stories.

I nodded at her words as she slowed down, and I assumed that we were almost at the room her friend was in. Emile looked down a hallway, and I followed her gaze to see a guy around our age with a buzz-cut banging on the glass of the vending machine.

"Stiles!" Emilie called out as we walked toward him, and the guy flinched slightly and turned away from the vending machine to look at us. He smiled at Emilie before his eyes landed on my form. Stiles's smile turned into a slight frown as his features twisted into a puzzled expression.

Emilie saw the shift in his features as his gaze landed on me. "This is Cynna." She introduced me to Stiles with a kind smile.

I could see the gears turning in his head until I saw Stiles's eyes light up in realization. "Oh! So this is the girl that's going to be staying with you. I thought we were going to meet her at school?"

Emilie huffed a little at his words, but a small smile was still plastered on her face. "Yes, Cynna is the girl I've been talking about. I showed her around town, and I wanted to visit Lydia as our last stop. So why not kill 2 birds with one stone, introduce you to Cynna while we checked in on Lydia." She shrugged while Stiles tilted his head at her before shaking it.

"By the way," I finally spoke up since Emilie saw Stiles. "I'm sorry about your friend. Angel told me about what happened." I sent them a sympathetic smile.

They both looked at me and responded with a tight smile. I saw Stiles share a look with Emilie. I felt panic unexpectedly coming from both Emilie and Stiles, which confused me.

"She got attacked by a wild animal, is what I heard." I clarified, and their panic was replaced with relief. Something is up with them, but it's not really any of my business since I barely know them. I think to myself.