VIII

A V A

A V A

Silence fell across the room as soon as I left.

I sat on the couch, not knowing exactly what was going on inside and who that girl was. I waited for him and he came outside almost ten minutes later with the little girl following him. I watch them intently when they stop in front of me.

He gestured to her and she looked at me with her brown eyes, almost on the urge to cry, cheeks flashing red and hair disheveled.

"I am sorry" She apologized in a hardly audible and very low voice.

my brows knitted in confusion.

"I told Tessa to do that" Her voice cracked out, and tears wailing up in her beautiful brown eyes.

Tessa?

It's the cat.

Oh.

It clicked in my mind after half a minute what she meant and I just stared at her blankly not knowing how to react, should I act like it didn't bother me or should I let it go?

Tears rolled down her already-stained cheeks, "Sorry" she whispered and I just melted seeing her crying like that, I held her hands and tried to soothe her.

"It's alright" I assured her even though I wasn't sure what for. I just did and she wrapped her arms around me.

I was startled by her action but then I wrapped my arm uneasily around her too, patting her head, When I looked at him to know what exactly happening here I found him already staring back, arms crossed but there was nothing to read on his face he was blankly staring down at me.

"She hurt you," She said, sobbing, distancing away.

"Um- I'm good. It's just a small wound" I tell her, she takes my hand in both of hers, watching it, looking so incriminating, she apologizes to me again and again and I just assure her it's okay it doesn't bother me. That her cat scrapped me because she told her to do so.

When she left, he placed a box on the table and set next to me, very close. I tensed up and shifted a little on the other side, his strong scent engulfing my respiratory system. "Show me your hand," He said and I did that quickly without thinking twice.

He placed my icy palm over his warm one. Compared to him my hand looked so tiny. He opens the first aid kit and starts applying ointment on my bruised hand.

"When it comes to me she becomes kinda bit...too possessive" He speaks up. "Melians purpose was not to hurt you she only wanted to scare you away but never thought that Tessa...her cat would be so aggressive and do something like that"

The girl was Melian..his sister and he was defending her. I remained silent as I didn't know what to say. And after all, I've no right to judge him for defending her... even if she was wrong.