Chapter Twenty-One: Magic Training, Bracelet Making & Definition of a True Hero!

[Later]

Sora heads in first and has a look around, he gasps when he hears a very familiar voice behind him. Melanie, Donald and Goofy walk in while Sora is having his daydream about Kairi. Melanie looks at Sora with a curious look on her face. Sora's eyes widened.

"There's something about this musty place... It reminds me of the secret place back home, where we used to scribble on the walls. Remember?" Kairi asks and Sora stares shocked.

"Kairi!" Sora exclaims.

"Sora?" Donald asks suddenly.

"Sora, are you alright?" Melanie asks, and Sora looks back to find Kairi gone.

"I-I..." Sora begins.

"I know, it's alright. I'm starting to miss Kairi and Riku too." Melanie says, "I didn't know them for very long, but I feel like we'll see them again very soon." She closes her eyes as she places a hand on her heart. She was looking forward to seeing Riku. There was just something about him that made her smile as well as get her cheeks to turn bright red. She'd never felt anything like it before.

"Well, well." A voice says, and the group turns, "You've arrived sooner than I expected." The voice belonged to an old man with a long white beard wearing a blue outfit with a long hat atop his head. Melanie and Sora walk over to the old man as Melanie blinks confused. Melanie places her hand on her hips as she listens to the conversation.

"Wh... You knew we were coming?" Sora asks.

"Of course." The old man responds.

"Are you... a heartless?" Sora asks. Melanie's mouth drops open and she looks at Sora before sighing in annoyance.

"Does he look like a Heartless to you?" Melanie asks.

"He doesn't look like one." Donald responds.

"Oh, my. No." The old man says, "My name is Merlin. As you can see, I am a sorcerer. I spend much of my time traveling. It's good to be home."

"Wait, we're in your home?" Melanie asks.

"The King has requested my help." Merlin confirms.

"You've seen Mickey?" Melanie asks.

"King Mickey?" Goofy asks.

"Yes, indeed!" Merlin says, "Donald, Goofy. And who might you two be?"

"I'm Sora." Sora responds.

"My name is Melanie." Melanie introduces.

"Ah, so, you have found the key? That would make you the Princess of Dreams." Merlin responds.

"Uh, yes?" Melanie asks. Melanie's cheeks flush red.

"What did the King ask you to do?" Donald asks.

"Just a moment..." Merlin says, and he walks over and does a spell. Objects come flying out of the bag and then the room is transformed, and Melanie's eyes widen in shock.

"Wow!" Melanie breathes out.

"Wait, you mean like... like what I can do?" Melanie asks.

"More advanced spell, but yes. We can start anytime you'd like." Merlin says. They look over and a woman appears, she was a fairy godmother. They begin learning magic and Melanie giggles as they manage to learn a little bit more magic.

[Later]

Melanie sits watching Sora practice some more and Melanie looks at the bracelet that Riku and her had made while they hung out. It was one of the things that Riku wanted to show her that they made on the island. She'd gotten so used to wearing it that she'd forgotten all about it. Her mind drifted to their conversation when they made it.