𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗨𝗟𝗢 𝗗𝗢𝗦

XIOMARA AND GEORGIE were walking around the streets and of Medford talking

XIOMARA AND GEORGIE were walking around the streets and of Medford talking. The topic of her tattoos was brought up. "How did your family let you get tattoos at such a young age?"

"It's part of the Chicano culture. Plus I started working at the age of twelve." He gave her a look as if asking how. "I lied and said I was fourteen. Anyways I was thirteen when I got my first tattoo."

"I love your tattoos." Georgie spoke making her smile she'd come to love his accent just something she loved or maybe she just liked southern accents. "What do each of them mean?"

She smiled at him, "the one that says 'Le ancestros ku talo'ob juntúul ti' in k'i'ik'el' is because I'm from a more indigenous part of Mexico and it's a way to connect myself with my ancestors. Then you see the virgen Guadalupe is for my religion. I'm catholic and it represents that part in of my life. Then you see the one that says familia which is an obvious what that one means. The one that says 'Mi vida loca' just means my crazy life because of well my life got hectic after I moved to the states. Then there's a skull to represent my ancestors who have come before me. The one that says blessed because although my life may be hard I'm blessed to still be happy, healthy and most of all breathing. The butterfly is for my great grandfather he used to call me his 'mariposita' which means little butterfly."

"Seven tattoos? I would've thought that you would have more." Georgie said making her chuckle.

"Nah they just big tattoos Georgie." She told him as they walked back to Georgie's place. They had been there a while ago but decided they wanted to go out for a walk.

"I get it you know I love tattoos I always wanted one but my mom doesn' let me." Georgie said.

"Why should you care what your mom thinks?" Xiomara asked him.

"Because she's my mom?" Georgie said but it came out more like a question.

"Look Georgie I need you to listen to me." She said.

"About what?"

"Just listen." She told him. "She may be your mom and may have raised you but you have to learn how to stick up for yourself. At the end of the day this is your life you're going to live not hers. It's your happiness not hers. So if you wanna get tattoos and they make you happy I say go for it. Fuck what your mom thinks it's not worth it if you're gonna sacrifice your own happiness for your mom. Remember this is your life nobody should dictate how you live your life."

Georgie looked to be thinking. "You're right imma get a tattoo as soon as I start working earning money. You know you're smart beyond your years and not book smart I'm talking about actually smart outside of books."

Xiomara chuckled. "Thanks Georgie."

The two walked into Georgie's house. Mary looked at Xiomara judgingly but didn't dare to say anything frankly because she was scared of her own son. Because she knew when he was protecting of someone it could become dangerous because he becomes extremely protective over people. And he's protective of this girl.