Chapter 2 - House

Sam and Rin were on their way to the Piggy Household on Covent Avenue, they were going to take questions from neighbours, parents etc.

Rin flicked on the radio, and was instantly disgusted by what was playing.

" You have horrible taste.. "

Sam kept his eyes on the road.

" It's a public radio station. Change the station if it bothers you. "

Rin did just that, but was still not happy with what music was playing.

" That's just the worst song ever."

" For God's Sake, stop complaining and just change the radio station if Senoritá bothers you that much. "

Rin changed the station once again. Finally, she had a smile on her face.

" Nothing like some good Metallica. It's a shame I missed them playing live during the music fest last month. That case took ages.."

" I just want you to stop complaining. "

" The roads are quiet today.. is it just this street? "

" No Rin, it's not just this street. You are right, it's never this quiet on a Saturday.. "

After a few minutes of silence, Sam pulled up at 42 Covent Avenue, the Piggy Household.

" Alright, here we are. This is where they were all last seen. "

A noise. An..oink? Rin looked behind, and spotted a little girl, with those iconic red and black eyes.. Rin froze in fear, as the pig approached the two.

WHACK. Rin fell to the ground. Sam, at this point turned around, holding his taser.

" Put your hands where I can see them! "
He shouted, and the girl just approached him.

WHACK. Sam fell to the ground, dropping his taser, it rolling under the car.

Black. That's all they could see..

The two awoke with a start, hearing a loud CRASH. Rin peered around the room, it was a bedroom, eventually spotting a girl in the corner.

" Madeline? "

The girl peeped up. She stared in confusion.

" How.. How do you know my name? "

" You've been missing for a good few days. What happened? "

Madeline changed her vision to the floor.

" I.. don't know.. I guess I just might have forgotten. It was very quick.. heh.. "

Sam got up and opened the door, unveiling a large hallway.

" Any ideas, which one should we go through? "

Rin joined her partner, Madeline shortly followed.

" It's the first one closest to us. That leads you to the main area. Just, watch out for the..thing. "

" Thing? "
Sam turned around, then turned back to the corridor. He walked up to the closest door, opening it.

" Ohh... that's what you mean. "

The two ran up to join Sam, Rin looking horrified.

" That's what knocked us out! "

" You two go and open up the door. I'll keep it occupied. " Madeline bravely volunteered.

Sam and Rin ran downstairs, into the kitchen, and Madeline ran up to the pig, punching her. At this point, Rin was sprinting for her life, hoping that Madeline would keep the pig occupied for a while. She ran up the set of stairs onto the 3rd floor, opening the door with the red lock. She threw the blue key down to Sam, who ran to the shed. Rin, however, placed down a plank of wood, and cautiously made her way across the plank. She made it across, and spotted a wire across the floor. She followed it, and it led to a laser set, which needed something to disable it.

Madeline ducked the pig's attack, and tackled her to the ground, allowing Rin to go past them, into the basement. She spotted a wrench, which she figured could be used for the lasers. She walked out of the basement, and went over to the door.

" So.. a hammer, key and a code .. maybe this wrench could fix the power? "

She fixed the power with the wrench, and ran up to the lasers. She followed the wire the opposite way, and disabled the lasers. Grabbing the gear, she crawled out of a crawl space, and ran Sam, who was still at the shed.

" Found a gear! Have you found anything? "

" I have a hammer. You think you can find what it's for? "

Rin nodded. She ran to the front door and pulled down the plank of wood. She reminded herself about the crawl space down in the basement, it was guarded by planks. She went down to go remove them, then crawled into the crawl space. A yellow key, and a red gear. She grabbed both, dropping the hammer, and ran up the little hill, throwing the gear to Sam, before crawling back through the crawl space. She opened up the yellow safe, there was a key card, containing a code: ' 0000 '

" All that work for THAT code?! "

She ran up to the escape door. And inserted the code. Sam also unlocked the door, before Grabbing Rin's wrist and running out of there. Madeline trapped the pig in the basement, locking the door from the outside. She walked out of the front door, and started making her way down the street.

" Hold up. "

Madeline stopped, turned around. Sam opened the car door for her.

" Thanks .. but I really need to head home, my brothers are waiting for me .. "

" No. We need you for some questions. No negotiations. "

Madeline climbed into the backseat after much refusal, and they drove off to the station.