Chap. 16

Within the folds of Aravali ranges nestled deep with in them is the village, Ayushgram. Surrounded by rugged terrain and dense vegetation, the village is isolated hidden from the outside world. The village, ayushgram, is a hub of medicines. From centuries, the village has been serving people-saving their lives.
The art of healing has been passed through generations.

Just like the name, AYUSHGRAM, it's a village of longevity or village of life. The people in the village engage themselves in the activity of cultivation, preparation and application of various herbs. The air in the village is aromatic filled with various herbs smell that gives a soothing aroma. In the mandap like structure, in the middle of the village, people are preparing herbs and some are busy in their house chores.

North of the mandap, stands a house that's adorned with creeping plants and trees. The house which once held happy cries now haunts with the sorrow ones'. The house which was a lively place is now nearly dead despite the condition of it. No one is allowed in the house except for some. The house is cleaned and kept neat.

In the mandap, a man in his mid 50s was busy preparing herbs that let out an aromatic scent in the air. A man walking near the mandap greeted the man.

"Good morning, Raghav. What are you preparing? The smell is quite strong." The man asks to the said man, Raghav. The man walks up to the mandap  sitting near Raghav.

Raghav replies stirring thr mixture. "Good morning, samarth. I'm preparing a mixture for the fever. It's a blend of neem, Tulsi and some other herbs."

Both men starts talking about the herbs when samarth's eyes move towards the house infront of the mandap. His eyes dulls. The memories hitting him like a truck. "Why are staring there?"

Samarth snaps from his memories. Pursing his lips he answers, his eyes still lingering on the house. "About them. I-the betrayal we have faced and the death of both of them has taken a very big toll on all of us. What will we do next. There is no one to guide us anymore. What about our medicines, these herbs and these plants that have been our friend to us?"

Raghav's hand stopped in mid. With a sad smile on his face he says. "Yes. Now we don't have anyone to guide us but there is someone who will come here to guide us. Someone who Is more stronger, someone who is more wiser." He pauses. "Hope. We can only hope."

Samarth clench his fist at his lap. "If only they wouldn't have got killed. If only we didn't listen to them, they would've been here with us."

Raghav continues stirring the mixture when other two men joins the conversation. "Who is that? Someone who is more wiser and stronger?" Shankar asks standing beside samarth.

"I don't know.  But someone will come. Because when something ends, it's a beginning of something. If we have faced sorrow and pain today, we'll get happines tomorrow." He gives them a reassuring smile. "It's about to begin."

The other man asks tilting his head scratching his head. "Why do you speak in riddles, Raghav?"

Raghav laughs softly. "This ain't riddles. It's crystal clear."

The men sighs. Raghav and his talks were never understood by anyone. Except for them.

"If there is someone who'll bring justice to them and us. When will that person come and how will we recognise that person?"

Raghav with a calm and posture and a slight smile on his face he answers. "That person will carry the same light and wisdom that they did. The same feeling of someone who is here for us. The feeling that the person is the same as them in every aspect."

"I hope the person you said isn't like that man. Who came here for something and snatched everything from us." Samarth glances at the house again. No matter what and how they can never forget the betrayal and the pain they and the both have to go through.