Cruise like Tom Cruise

~Jane~

"Jane, darling, don't look like this! We are going to travel to New York with the Titanic 2! Aren't you excited? Not even a little bit?", my mother said smiling. She took my hand and tried to bring me to look her in the face.

"Mhm. It's exciting!", I fake smiled and turned around to look out of the window.

Our chauffeur drove us from our house to the haven. The whole last week I spent to pack my cases instead of spending time with my friends. I just ended school and wanted to spend my whole summer with my friends. A bit of partying here and a bit of shopping there. I also wanted to learn for my study at Oxford University but no, mother dearest had other plans.

As she heard about the new Titanic ship she was all ecstatic about it. She immediately bought two tickets for us, first class, even though she knew that, since Dad left her, we didn't have that much money. My dad was the big boss of a bank in London, so we always had too much money for our own good. My mother always liked this expensive and luxurious life and she doesn't want to give it up now.

"Ma why do I have to go with you?", I asked her as we neared Southhampton.

"Darling, you know that I don't want to be alone on such a big ship and I thought that, maybe, you get to know someone there. I heard that Caspar James is on that ship too. He's a lovely guy, I got to meet him last year at the big charity ball in London."

Gosh, no. Now that begins again!

"Ma, you know that I'm not interested in guys right now. I want to focus on my study", I said sternly.

"Oh, darling. I don't know why. You are so beautiful, every man is immediately in love with you when he sees you for the first time and you reject him", she said as she strokes a hair strand behind my ear. " You aren't lesbian, are you?"

God!

"God, ma! No!"

She let out a shaky laugh.

"Okay, darling, good. Maybe you change your mind when you are on this ship and see Caspar", Ma said, turning around and looking out of the window.

"Yes, ma", I said thinking about jumping out of the car and running back to our town to meet my friends.

~*~

"Tickets! Tickets, here please!"

Everyone was shouting, there was an incredibly loud noise as I pulled myself out of the car. Our chauffeur immediately took our cases and brought them to the check-in.

"Jane, come."

I listened to my mum and followed her inside. We were going over a little bridge, which led to the entrance.

I didn't like to show it but I'm really impressed. The ship looks exactly like the Titanic. It looks really magical.

Impressed of the ship I walked inside, since we were in the first class we would stay in the most beautiful rooms. They were big and luxurious. Ma always tries to make everything look like we're rich, although we didn't have really much money anymore.

"Darling! Come on. Dress nice, we're going to have dinner in an hour. Everyone is there, even Caspar James."

I sighed. She couldn't stop mentioning him. I bet he isn't even that gorgeous and young how she describes him. I bet he's an old, fat man with mustache.

I walked into my room and tried to find my cocktail dress. It was blue and wonderful. At my cleavage were lots of diamonds and glitter, so it looks like the night sky.