37: pregnant

Happy Eid (virtual hugsss)

The words Aaliyana uttered left me utterly stunned

The words Aaliyana uttered left me utterly stunned. At that moment, I could sense the direction our conversation was heading.

"WHAT THE F@#K YE KAB HOWA," I screamed looking at Aaliyana.

(What the f@#k, when did it happen?)

"Zaviyaar language," Mom scolded.

No, please don't tell me that my Mom assumed her illness was something else. This will take a while to explain. My Mom thinks she's going to be a grandmother, but the thing is, we haven't planned for her grandchildren yet. Oh my goodness, how did I get stuck in this situation? It wasn't possible. How could it be? Like we haven't done anything.

Yet.

Why is Aaliyana silent? What's happening?

"Zaviyaar tum kal Aaliyana ko doctor ke pass le jao wo confirm karde gi," Mom patted Aaliyana's head and tried to smile, but couldn't.

(Zaviyaar do take Aaliyana to the gynecologist, she'll confirm the pregnancy.)

The door closed behind Mom as she left the room, leaving an eerie sense of oddness for both Aaliyana and me. I couldn't help but wonder why I always seemed to end up in these kinds of situations. Ugh.

Zaviyaar advised me to remain in the room and get some rest when I informed him that I was not feeling well

Zaviyaar advised me to remain in the room and get some rest when I informed him that I was not feeling well. Despite my insistence on returning to the party, he firmly suggested that I take some rest. Reluctantly, I agreed, realizing that I didn't have any other choice. After a while, Mom came to the room and asked about my health. I said I was fine but then I felt like throwing up, again. I ran into the washroom and the next moment I was throwing up. This has been happening since the morning. I guess it is because of the pasta I had last night. I should have listened to Zaviyaar and not eaten it, but it's too late to even think about it now.

When I came back from the washroom Mom was still there. Her eyes sparkled with joy as she gazed at me.

"Aaliyana, did you get your period?" she asked me