2. Condition.

The Coverdale's sat there in the room waiting for a diagnosis. The young girl sat there rubbing her eyes and yawning, "Do you perhaps ever feel down in the dumps and you don't know why?" The doctor asked, "Mhm, all the time," she yawned, "I'm in year eleven... Too much work," she sighed - the doctor nodded and took down notes, "I see," he mumbled before going on his computer and documenting something for his patient.

"I've written up a script for sleep medication and anti-depressants," the doctor said, passing over the script to David who read it and frowned, he was aware of that drug as he had been on it. He nodded his head, holding his daughters hand as the doctor explained.

"It does seem like symptoms of depression, the overall stress on the body just to take a shower is early signs of depression," The doctor explained, the parents nodded in understanding. "How do you feel at school? There's stairs around aren't there?" The doctor asked politely, the girl sighed a little and rubbed her eyes, "Mhm, there's an elevator too, my deputy gave me a key card for the elevator..." She mumbled, tiredly rubbing her eyes.

"I see, well - have a good day everyone," the doctor smiled, officially dismissing the Coverdales.

They made way to the pharmacy which was just at the end of the doctors clinic and got the medication needed, on the walk back to the car, her parents stared her down eagerly, waiting to see how she was. Her legs buckled and a few times she nearly fell in a bush, looking rather drunk on her shaky two legs.
"Darling, come on, hold my hand," David frowned, taking pity on his daughter whom could barely walk in a straight line.
She held his hand, tripping over and falling on the hard concrete.
"Jesus - are you alright, love?" He asked, worry in his eyes as he tried helping her up, she nodded a little, letting him gently dust her off as he took her to the car.

She was relaxed in the car, her fathers driving was smooth and at a safe speed, she ended up falling asleep in the backseat, which made it difficult for her to get out once they got home. She whined tiredly as her father helped her up, she looked a mess and felt a mess, her fathers heart clenched the way she could barely walk without falling or giving up due to exhaustion.
Once safely inside, she was given both her pills after he had thoroughly read the instructions, she relaxed when he brushed through her soft hair, she was so dependent on them at that stage that her parents brushing her hair was normal, every day and repetitive. "You're okay, love," her father would say softly, easing his fingers into her scalp to gently massage her head, she would than fall asleep on the couch.

A blanket was placed upon her, this was the first time she got more than two hours worth of sleep, in a long time. David smiled, understanding how stressed and sore she was, he gently took her socks off and took them to the laundry.

Five hours later and their daughter had awoken, however she was still physically and mentally exhausted, sighing when she knew she had to get up. David watched her from the kitchen, a frown growing on his face as she went to stand up, she sat there, hands on her lap as she contemplated the perfect moment, trying to motivate herself to get up and walk over to her bedroom.
David walked over, hands finding her own and helping her up, he held her hand and led her to her bedroom, placing her down and tucking her in, placing a kiss on her forehead and sighing, "Why didn't you tell me sooner, baby?" David hummed, gently rubbing her stomach from over the blanket, "I didn't know..." She mumbled, though it made perfect sense. Of course she had issues, she was sleepy, couldn't sleep, was exhausted to do anything before even trying, it was obvious, but sometimes it's not, even to the victim.

He sighed and kissed her forehead once more, "I love you baby, give me a text when you need me, okay?" He smiled, she nodded and rolled over, ready to fall asleep again.