C2 Back To Hell (Part 1)

Lauren's POV

"Looks like another five days of this moldy bologna! Hey that rhymes!" My best friend Dinah screams out the entire world, because apparently, in that crazy head of hers, she believes that society cares about everything. We all know deep down that isn't true, maybe .001% true, but that's it. Her disposition is quite the embarrassing type, strolling around, not giving a damn about what anyone thinks of her. I roll my eyes as I do after almost every single thing she says and or does.

"You know, you don't have to scream out all of your problems." I say, while looking down at the ground with a blush slowly creeping onto my face from the odd stares we were getting.

Side 1: I'm ugly and depressed when I don't have my friends around me.

Side 2: Could you just shut up and let me enjoy time with my friends.

Side 1: You can just shut up you idiot who can't express your emotions.

I sigh. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the courage to just casually blurt that out what I was feeling or thinking, and I wouldn't want to ruin this jovial conversation Dinah and I were having. I'd only make Dinah disappointed I assume because I didn't tell her about my self-loathing right away.

She replies with a sassy comeback, "You know, you don't have to be so embarrassed of your best friend, Lauser----"

I stop her there and fake a shocked expression, "Did you just call me a loser?" Pausing, I wipe a fake tear from my eye and continue.

"I thought we were friends Dennis, I mean----"

Then she decides to interrupt me, "Okay, first of all, we both know you aren't a loser, because you're a badass, so cut the crap Jauregui, and where the hell did Dennis come from? Never... Ever... Call me that again, because I swear on all the Poly beat downs I've given that I will spit on you the next time you call me by that nerdy name." A grin starts to spread on my face and I slowly sense her about to burst into laughter.

After we both end our fits of laughter Ally starts walking towards us, with an impressing positive attitude (we don't know how she does it) displayed for the entire world to see. "Hey guys---Dang, did I miss out on another inside joke? Ugh, I guess I'll just start laughing now and pretend to have heard your conversation!" Ally starts to laugh while Dinah and I watch her awkwardly, all the while trying to figure out why and how she got that cast on her left leg.

"Allyson, if you don't mind me asking... Uh, what happened to your leg?" Dinah had asked, after enduring at least five minutes of Ally's awkward and loud laugh slowly dying off and sitting in an awkward silence.

"She tripped on a rock and fell on her leg the wrong way because she was too busy swooning over Troy." Normani continues to walk towards us, which I think looks more like strutting, but that is just because of how much confidence she holds. All I manage to muffle out is an uninteresting oh, because her poised walk always seems to daze me.

"Is that all I get Lo? I deserve more than a simple, 'oh.' as a welcome, right? I mean I know I have a fierce walk, but damn. I didn't know I had that effect on you."

My eyes turn from wide eyed to narrowed, because Normani knows she has an effect on me, but not the type of effect she's talking about.

Rolling my eyes for the 50th time today, as I recall, "It's only your walk Miss Is Able To Eat Anything While Having It Not Go Anywhere, for your information, and as a matter of fact, do you see Dinah or Ally speaking?"

"Well, they're actually drooling over their crushes who are about 50 feet away from us, so I don't think your pretexts for gawking at me and not giving me a warm welcome is completely valid."

"Wow, Mani, I am completely and utterly shocked! At what time did you find the opportunity to expand your vocabulary as well as improve your sentence structure?"

"Youmight have rubbed off on me, but you know you love me." With that she pulls meinto a hug and un-expectantly starts to rant about all of the reasons why Ishould and do love her. Normani stops, because I finally give in and confirm thatI do love her. She just smiles and starts skipping ahead of me to catch up to Allyand Dinah, who, as always, are rambling on and on about perfect their crushesare. The feeling that someone is walking behind me quickly dawned on me,because I could actually hear their Converse squeaking on the  floor. It seemed as if they were trailing behind me. Suddenly, I decide towhip around and realize who it is.Camila Cabello.