11

Skylor looked at Kai and turned to her father. "Father please, spare Kai. I've seen into his head; he can help us!" 

"You like the boy, don't you. Very well. Leave the red one." 

"Tell Cole I'll see him asap." He whispers to me. I nod. He's gonna try to get Skylor on our side, I can see it in his eyes. The rest of us are taken down to the factory. One by one, we're stripped (one on one with a guard, but I can't say I care) given new clothes, dressed and dragged down to the factory. 

Jay and I are placed next to one another by a guard. "Work." Is all he says, shoving us.

"Back off." I tell him. He glares at me, and I glare back as he walks away. 

"No, no, it's not work if you love what you do!" Jay said, trying to keep his positive attitude. "The power of positive thinking." 

"Psst." Jay looked at the sound, and I did too, and together we saw a familiar face. 

"Cole? Zane is that you? Ah, you look amazing!"

"Not so loud! They think we've escaped and don't know we're here." Cole warns. 

"Why would you come back?" 

"To save everyone." I said. It was obvious, really. 

"Y/n's right. We're breaking everyone out."

"Correction, we're building our way out." Zane pointed to a tarp. 

"They think we're fixing a noodle machine, but we're fixing a roto jet."

"Underground?" 

"That's what I said!" 

"What happened to positive thinking?" 

"No talking! And hurry up and fix that noodle machine!" 

"Okay, okay, it be ready soon! When done, noodles will fly out of this place!" 

"I miss flying." I sigh. 

"You are y/n, right? Master of wind?" I nod. 

"And you're Zane, master of Ice. I've heard a lot about you." He looked confused. "Cole probably told you, but the guys and I allied ourselves together for a similar goal of our families. I want to know my biological father, and they came for you. We've been helping one another since we got here." 

"Speaking of the guys, do you know where Kai is?" 

"Skylor's taken a liking to him, so she begged her dad to spare him. He looked uncomfortable by that and told me he'll meet up with you as soon as he can." Cole looked a little relieved. "We'll get him back to you." 

"Get back to work!" We did so, whispering the whole time. 

Eventually, I was moved and found tox. We saw one another and hugged quickly. She looked like she hadn't had a proper meal in weeks. "I would ask if you're okay, but the answer is clearly no." She nods. 

"I haven't felt this weak ever. I feel I could pass out any second." I pat her back and we get to work. 

"I'll make you a good meal to help you get your strength back up as soon as I can."

"Promise?"

"Swear it on my life." I was actually a pretty good cook. It's an essential life skill, so it's good to know. 

A few hours later, we were working on the jet in shifts. Karloff was guiding Jay, who was working, while Zane and Cole kept watch. I was covering for their work, which while annoying, wasn't impossible. Karloff let out a warning whistle, and tried to stall the guard. "Uh, please! Almost done! Soon noodle machine will be firing on all cylinders." I bit back a chuckle.