Heart

(the scene opens with a group of archaeology students having a conversation.) 

"A Native American legend says that this part of the grand canyon is sacred for many reasons."

May- Some say its haunted, some say its cursed, some say its a portal between the physical world and the spirit world, who knows.. the first set of people to visit this place was back in 1972, a group of college kids from Las Vegas went and they never returned. The story got out and it spread all around the west coast. Everybody knows about this place..

Amelia- yeah right May, there is no way this place can be haunted.

May- I'm not finished, legend also says that if your heart is pure, you will survive and you will get out alive. Apparently the land only takes the lives of those who are wicked.. there are similar stories to this in Christianity and even Egyptian mythology where the "heart" is weighed next to a feather.. in other words the "heart must be light as a feather for eternal salvation".. and in Christianity those who have a heart full of hate will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

May- so let me ask you all, what is your deepest secret? Are your hearts "pure".

May finishes talking and they all laugh together while drinking at a bar

Jacob- you know I love you May, but sometimes your stories are a bit "out there". I mean just think about it.. how can a piece of land be haunted? It's nature.. I mean I believe in ghosts and haunted houses and stuff like that but you can't tell me that this area is haunted.. And how did it even get haunted to begin with?

May- Well, this piece of land was only kept for those who needed to be punished, it was a wasteland of some sort. The legend says that the creator made this land for those who continued to still be wicked after he flooded the earth. "The flood" is in every creation story you can ever think of... the massacre of the flood is in the Bible too.

Jacob- well that's just plain weird may but whatever..

Aria- so when do you guys want to see this place?

Bridgit- well I'll say we can go tomorrow. what should we wait for. This place seems like it's badass, there is no way I am not going to experience this..

Jacob: so to tomorrow-

Tomorrow! (they all say as the clank glasses together.)