BEHIND THE REVERIE DOORS

"Have you ever read the story of Narnia?" Annmaria asked, her eyes gleaming with wet desire for adventure as she leaned forward over the yellow pages of her thick storybook lying open on her knees

Lara sat across from her, the dim light of the lantern casting shadows on the walls of the cozy attic. Her eager face reflected the flickering light, her eyes wide with anticipation.

"It's a tale of magic and adventure,' Annmaria continued, her words weaving a spell around her listener, 'Of four siblings who stumble upon a hidden door in an old wardrobe and find themselves in a land of enchantment."

Lara listened closely, her curiosity piqued by each word breathed out into the space. "What happens next?" she whispered, her voice rising with excitement. The interest lifted her up from her knees as she slid carefully towards Annmaria, peeking over the old pages to see where the dried ink seeped into elegant cursive.

"They discover that they are each kings and queens of their own land," Annmaria replied, a smile playing at the corners of her lips. "Together, they try to rescue Narnia from the clutches of an evil witch." As Annmaria spoke, she traced her finger along the lines of text in the book, her voice rising and falling with the rhythm of the story.

"Lucy felt a little frightened, but she felt very inquisitive and excited as well. She looked back over her shoulder and there, between the dark tree trunks; she could still see the open doorway of the wardrobe and even catch a glimpse of the empty room from which she had set out," Lara read quitely, peering over her shoulder as the attic remained silent around them.

In that moment, a soft gust of wind blew through the space, causing the lantern to flicker. The girls exchanged wide-eyed glances, feeling the strange sense of electricity chasing away the reality they knew.

And then, just as suddenly as it had begun, the strange sensation passed. Annmaria blinked, trying to shake off the dizzying feeling that had wrapped around her. She turned to Lara, only to find her staring fixedly at the ancient wardrobe door tucked away in the corner of the attic.

"The attic... it's changing," Lara whispered, her voice barely audible over the creaking of old wooden planks beneath them. Annmaria followed her gaze and felt a jolt of disbelief course through her veins.

The cozy attic with its familiar surroundings was melting away, fading like clouds that couldn't stand the sun. In its place grew a breathtaking landscape of snow-covered mountains that stretched as far as the eye could see.

Hand in hand, they made their way to the old wardrobe, "Shall we open the door and see where it leads?" Lara asked, her hand trembling over the pile of fresh snow rising up to the handle. With a shared glance, both nodded in unison.

As they pushed open the creaking door, a rush of cold air greeted them, blowing the fabrics of their cloaks behind them as they trudged through the frozen field, holding the promise of endless possibilities close to their hearts.

C.S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia (1950)

A warm, golden light wrapped around two humans freezing in their thin clothes, growing brighter until it was blinding. They felt an intense heat, not painful but electrifying, as their bodies began to change. Feathers sprouted from their skin, their forms reshaping, until they were no longer human but magnificent phoenixes.

Lara spread her wings to their fullest span, the vibrant reds and oranges burning in the sunlight like living flames, while Annmaria watched, not believing a thing, as the bird took flight, soaring effortlessly into the sky with an unearthly elegance not worth a human.

She also tested her wings, feeling the power thrumming through them like a heartbeat. With a leap of faith, she launched herself into the air, the rush of wind carrying her higher and higher until she was dancing among the clouds alongside Lara.

Now, they were creatures of fire and rebirth.

🄿🄷🄾🄴🄽🄸🅇🄴🅂

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧F̳o̳u̳n̳d̳e̳r̳s̳ (2/2)

rarapov1
AraMathew