Episode 8: Dark Emotions

Garren shoved the Centipede Undead off of him and fired a multitude of shots into the monster's chest. Each shot sent the Undead stumbling back, sparks flying off from where the bullet met the skin, and soon enough the both of them were engulfed in a thick smoke. 

Once the large figure had taken a knee, signifying that it was weakened from the fight, Garren went to unfold his deck when his heart slammed against his chest. All the Rider could do was growl out in pain and recoil, clasping his heart over his armor, giving Chalice and Kenzaki enough time to arrive on scene.

Chalice wasted no time, jumping into the fray and dragging the Centipede Undead away while Yang and Kenzaki ran over to Garren, the smoke fading away as the two had gotten closer. Garren glanced over at them, annoyed that despite his warnings, Kenzaki had decided to still follow him, before turning around over to Chalice and the Undead.

Kenzaki: "Tachibana-san! Wait a moment!" Kenzaki called out, grabbing ahold of Garren's shoulders.

Garren: "Get out of my way, Kenzaki!" His voice was rasp, tired and beaten. He still had the strength to push Kenzaki away and raise his gun toward the Centipede Undead.

Yang's eyes narrowed, her fists clenching tight with anger before she swung at Garren. She knocked his gun away and stood between Garren and Chalice, blocking the red Rider's sight of the fight going on in the background.

Yang: "I can't let you do that, Garren!"

Kenzaki: "Just listen to us, Tachibana-san!"

Kenzaki continued to call out for Garren, but his words fell on deaf ears. All Garren was worried about was fighting the Undead, sealing them away, and the possibility that he could get strong enough to defy the fate that BOARD had placed on him.

Garren: "This is your last warning, Kenzaki, blonde... Get out of my way, or I'll force you out of my path." Garren took a step back, digging his heel into the ground as he raised his fists, ready for a fight.

Yang: "Enough with the warnings! This is my sister's life on the line, so if you want to get that Undead, then you'll have to go through me!" Yang's hair lit on fire, her eyes a blazing crimson as she wasted no time charging toward Garren.

Garren pivoted away from her straight and grabbed ahold of her arm, spinning around and tossing her into the air. She landed on the jagged rocks, a sharp growl escaped her lips from the pain, but her Aura had taken most of the damage. 

As Garren turned his attention over to Yang, Kenzaki inserted his Change Card into the Blay Buckle and pulled the lever on the side. The Blay Buckle announced 'TURN UP' like usual and projected the seal, knocking Garren away.

While Blade and Yang were keeping Garren busy, Chalice used his vision to scan the Undead's body. He weaved under each blow, avoided each spit of the deadly venom all the while he was looking through the guts and insides of the monster. 

Chalice: "Where? Where is the antibody?" He asked himself, catching the Undead's arm and twisting it around, bringing the monster closer in to get a clearly view. 

Yang leaped into the air, slamming her fist down to where Garren would've been if he hadn't dove out of the way. Garren caught his gun just as he rolled back onto his feet and raised it to block a downward slash from Blade. 

Garren pushed the sword away and spun Blade around, using him as a human shield against Yang's blow. Yang's gauntlet exploded with the Fire Dust she slotted in, causing a pained cry from Blade and for Yang's eyes to widen in realization. Taking this opportunity, Garren shoved Blade into Yang and opened the deck from his Garren Rouzer.

Garren Rouzer: "Bullet, Rapid, Fire, Burning Shot"
(5500 --> 3300)

Garren pointed the gun at the recovering Rider and Huntress, balls of flame soaring through the air and striking the sand all around them. Blade and Yang were engulfed in a massive explosion that blocked out the sound of their voices. Garren holstered his gun, watching as the fire and smoke filled the area, his heart pumping with more adrenaline than ever.