Gatherer of Stories

This chappy was planned forever ago, I actually Had to put Fable on semi hiatus so Mana's story could catch up. And no, its not a copy paste both sides are different to a point XD

"Mama? Daddy?"

As soon as Mana opened his eyes, and called out he knew they would not reply. Some part of his soul felt brittle and broken, and if an important bond had been sheared off.

It was agony, he he wanted it to stop.

"I'm.. sorry" The monster staring at him said, there eye lights dark as they too realized the answer.

Mana wailed with grief, it would be a very long time till he stopped.

-----

Mana felt like he would never stop crying, he woke crying and fell asleep crying.

It was an endless cycle of tears.

Every day the nice monster Chronos would come and make sure he ate and bathed, and didn't just lay there on the bed.

They tried to get him to leave the guest bedroom, but as soon a she did panic would consume Mana as if the world would swallow him up if he did. It was easy enough to pretend the outside didn't exist. This guestroom had a bathroom with a shower stall, he liked baths better but he wasn't picky.

Chronos had to rescue him a few times, when he'd accidentally blasted himself with icy water and panicked.

He'd found the letter hidden in his clothes the second day, having slept in his clothes. Chronos had gotten him fresh clothes so he could bath, and they' found it carefully hidden inside the fabric fold of clothes.

He hadn't opened it yet, it had been four weeks inside this room.

It wasn't his room, his room was with mama and daddy.

His room he realized, likely didn't exist anymore.

He shifted into a cat and curled under his blanket, it was easier to grieve in that form.

------

He met the other child of the house briefly, the time he woke up didn't count as he'd been in no mental state for anything. Chronos has said there name was Fable, it was a nice name.

One night he got a bit stir crazy and hadn't fallen into his usual exhausted sleep, he'd carefully crept out like a curious feline.

The couch was so inviting when he saw it, he couldn't help but climb up and curl into a ball.

Yup, he liked this spot.

Of course, the other child wondered out that night also.

Mana squeaked, and fled back to his room.

------

They we're at his door again, day after day trying to talk to him.

Offering food, to play...

To just leave the room

Why did they keep trying.

He closed his eyes, falling asleep to dream of his family.

------

A knock on the door woke him, too light and low to be Chronos.

Fable again.

"Lunch time, Chrono's made pancakes" Fable called softly.

Mana shifted in bed, staring at the door blankly.

"Its really good too!" Fable tried again.

"Go away..." he called brokenly.

"Please" Fable begged, there voice sounded so worriedly.