22. Bubble

James POV-

It was frightening. To see my best mate all injured and unconscious we took him to my room, regardless of Veronica protesting we take him into a separate guest room. Veronica was weirder than usual. It was almost five hours now, uncle Fred, mom and dad they all did all they could to Sirius, Uncle Fred had told Veronica to contact some healer and he was to come by 6.30 a.m. in the morning. 

Mom was crying. She had always seen a son in Sirius and the rest of all, but I knew Sirius had his charm all over my mother. That bastard, How can he be asleep on Christmas, shouldn't we wreck my house? it's his first time here. Shouldn't we be deciding all the quirky ways to wake everyone up early and be excited about presents? and shouldn't he dare to enter Veronica's room even if I tell him it's a death wish?

Shouldn't he be, okay?

"James, dear I suggest you take some sleep. Sirius is alright now we all should be thankful to Euphemia's healer skills; I will wake you up when the healer arrives in few hours."

I smiled and nodded. Uncle Fred turned to leave the room.

There was still no sign of Veronica, was she still in her room? Sighing I decided to recheck if Sirius was alright and then decided to lay down beside him.

Veronica POV-

Papa told me Sirius was okay now. He still was to be supervised by a healer, but he was okay. I was sitting on my bed, the envelope in my hands, I had been contemplating on whether to open it or not since past couple of minutes. well screw it, I am opening this. it is about Sirius I know it is.  Do it for him Veronica.

Apsara,

you are not hallucinating, I, Peacock, am actually writing a letter to you

It was blank further, I tried a charm that I had once used in one of our discussions, it worked

Sirius is escaping, and he is probably going to Potter Manor, You might be at VAS, hence I told Kreacher to tell your elf to make you go to Potter Manor. Veronica, he was cursed, repeatedly and badly. It was the worst of all. see, I don't want to wallow here, all I say want to say is, take care of my brother. 

I don't know why, and I also should not say this but when it comes to my brother, I trust you more than anyone else,

Peacock.

He trusts me? with Sirius...

I was happy, because no matter how much these Black brothers pretended to despise each other, they loved each other.

As much as I loved the fact that Regulus had resumed our Black envelope letter thing, it was not for me. It was for Sirius. And no doubt, I was not jealous or something, but I hoped he would but why would he. He still has not forgiven me, neither have I...

I decided to have some sleep, the letter still clutched to my hands.

Third Person POV-

After the hustle again in the morning, the healer who came to visit Sirius, Peter and Remus, both of whom arrived by 8 in the morning. though they were sad about Sirius's condition, they were here to cheer the mood. and right now, Euphemia was watching the marauders sitting on James's bed, laughing. Remus was feeding Sirius breakfast since he was unable to it himself. the cruciatus had hurt him badly. and this sight of Remus and Sirius was worth a magical picture that Veronica took in her camera.