1

*LAST SEASON*

"Georgia" I yelled as she passed the ball. today we were playing UCONN... my dad's team. As much as I wanted to play for Uconn I didn't want people to say that i got it easy because my dad is the coach.

i dribbled the ball into an open lay up and made it, I felt a force hit my hip as i was in the air. I went flying into the court side seats falling on top of 3 middle aged women decked out in uconn gear.

"I'm so sorry lady's." i said as i got up, "are you alright?"

"FOUL MADE BY NIKA MÜHL"

The ref announced to the court. I got myself aligned for my two free throws, and obviously i made both of them. A tall, blonde player I recognized running back to her side of the court. I watched as her hair bounced up and down and how her muscular arms moved back and forth. She was cute...

I quickly got my attention back into the game when i heard the whistle. Samyha passed me the ball, I dribbled to the 3 point line. I looked around to see if anyone was open. I dribbled the ball to make an easy layup. As i jumped to shoot the ball somthing was different, the ball hit the backboard and fell it into the hoop. As my right leg it the floor i felt electric move throughout my body.

My body went limp, i fell to the floor in a big cry. My eyes closed and I laid on the floor yelling in pain. Tears streaming down my face, Players , refs and coaches circled around me.

"God damit Bri. this better not be anything bad" I heard my coaches voice from the front of me.

"Get her off the court.." Georgia and Samyha helped me off the court, I watched as the hundreds of uconn fans clapped away. I was sat down on a chair still crying. My breaths becoming faster and faster the more the trainer checked it out.

The loud stomps of my father were heard. I watched as he ran over pushed everyone away to get to me.
"Brianna what happened? Are you ok?" All i could do was cry. I cried because I was confused. What was going on?

AFTER THE GAME *****

I waited in the hospital bed with Georgia by my side the whole time. They had just wheeled me back in from the x-rays.

"Bri, Georgia spoke up. " no matter what happens i want you to know that you're loved and supported."

"Was it embarrassing, the way I fell. i'm like super embarrassed"

"Bro ur so stupid" she chuckled. " Nobody cared about the way you fell. We just-"

Her speech was cut short when the short, brunette nurse came back in with a strange look on her face. She walked to the end of my bed and cleared her throat before fiddling with the folder in her hands.

"Mrs. Auriemma. I unfortunately have some bad news... It seems you have torn your Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Your ACL"

"FUCK!" i yelled out grabbing my head. i felt the tears streaming out of my eyes. There was sharp pain in my knee when i tried to move. I watched as the nurse slowly walked out the room. tried to get the words out to Georgia but I couldn't. I was mute.

I cried for days.

AUTHORS NOTE

guys i'm rlly bad at writing but i tried the 3rd chapter is gonna be way better, not the next one but the third one. trust💗💗💗