Chapter 2

Nezuko sat inside the cave with her sister, watching the little girl dig a rather large hole into the ground. “What are you doing y/n?” Nezuko asked, tilting her head slightly, y/n pointed at the entrance of the cave where streaks of sunlight crawled inside.

It took Nezuko a moment to realize what her sister was saying. "Oh, the sunlight. You can't touch it anymore…" Remembering what the man had said.

She had been waiting for Tanjiro to come back with something they could carry y/n in. They needed to continue traveling. They couldn't risk another slyer finding them.

"Nezuko? Y/n? Where are you two?" Tanjiros voice echoed from the entrance of the cave, Nezuko stood up and walked to him. "Find anything nee-chan?" Nezuko asked, Tanjiro held up a basket full of bamboo and a cloth. Nezuko beamed at the items and the two got to work.

~
The two teens worked together as they always did, Nezuko chopped the bamboo and Tanjiro weaved it onto the basket covering all the holes. “Done!” Tanjiro held up the finished basket, the two teens smiled at each other proud of their work.

Nezuko took the basket and kneeled next to the hole where Y/n was. “Y/n, we have to keep moving.” Nezuko started picking the small girl up and out of the hole. “We can carry you in this ok.” Tonjiro gestured to the basket, he held the cloth over his arm.

Y/n looked at the basket, she let out a hum. Wiggled out of her sister's grasp and walked around the basket. “Is something wrong? We made sure all the holes wer-” The toddler tried to practically jump into the basket knocking it over and causing it to roll around.

The teens let out yells of surprise, and both practically jumped at the basket grabbing it. They moved it to sit upright. Inside Y/n sat, a perfect fit. “Huh, good job Y/n!” Tanjiro affectionately petted her hair, the little girl leaned into the touch with a happy hum.

“And now the final touch.” Nezuko tied the cloth over the top of the basket and hoisted it onto her back. “You don't have to carry her Nezuko, I can do it.” Tanjiro looked at his younger sister with that face he always made when he felt bad.

“I don't mind Nee-chan! You hurt your back, remember, until you feel better let me carry Y/n!” Nezuko reassured her older brother with a closed eye smile. Tanjiro wanted to protest but sighed and shook his head, there was no use trying to disagree with her.

He took her hand and the three began their journey.

[Word count 453]

I'm not happy with the word count but I'm stumped on where to go from here, and I didn't want to keep you all waiting any longer. I promise the next chapter will be longer!

I really want to continue this story I do, but by the demon slayer gods I have been cursed with writers block. I'll kick it's ass at some point. Anyway later! (⁠っ⁠˘⁠з⁠(⁠˘⁠⌣⁠˘⁠ ⁠)