𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9 - 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝖘

You've been here to the IPC's prison countless times, throwing criminals who didn't pay their debts, refused to follow orders, or betrayed the IPC. What never came to mind was you actually becoming one of them, locked up behind the bars.

Your stomach grumbled as loud as a vacuum. On a hard mattress, you stared at the ceiling, feeling empty inside you. I wish I could escape this prison. If only I was sufficiently strong to bend the cell bars and fit through.

You had no memory of what happened that day, only Topaz knocking you out unconscious. You felt betrayed and angry, but after all, you did let down the IPC by hanging out with a criminal and allowing him to escape... multiple times!

But you did have a reason to betray them. A criminal like Boothill was treated unjustly, along with his world.

But no one would understand you.

Anxious thoughts surfaced to your mind. Will I ever get out of here? Is Boothill still alive? At this point, Topaz and Aventurine and my co-workers hate me, don't they?

You sighed, and then let your tears fall. There was a pang in your heart, a longing to see Boothill. The IPC was on a chase after him, putting up flyers and adding extra zeros to his bounty. You knew some skilled fighters who could wipeout Boothill in a second. The thought of them interested in his bounty drove you into a panic.

Your fingers were shaking in fear. You were scared, unable to believe that you had kissed a criminal, only to be thrown in jail just because a couple shiny bullets were scattered on your floor! Who knew the smallest mistakes had big consequences?

Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed IPC guards wandering in the halls. They had an unsettling aura, eyes glowing red in the dark. The sight of them sent chills down your spine. If a blanket couldn't keep you warm, then what could? Boothill...

"Here's your food, idiot. Don't expect us to serve hot warm meals. We don't play around here." An IPC guard said, shoving a plastic wrapped square through the bars.

"Um... do you not have water?"

A plastic bottle of water flew through the bars like a bullet. It almost smacked you in the face, and hit the wall instead.

"RUDE MUCH!" You screamed at him, wanting to reach through the bars and claw him. That IPC guard was so disrespectful! The way he rudely tossed you a water bottle. Tossed? More like hurl!

His impoliteness added to his menacing aura, and you dared to file a report to the IPC to execute him. Or you could just give him a beating!

"Ugh, what a poor excuse of a guard!" You angrily muttered. He only turned away and served other prisoners as if he hadn't tried to murder you.

You hesitantly unwrapped the package. You've heard rumors about this prison, how criminals were rough and didn't play. Some were eccentric and talked too much.

It was said the food was cheap and moldy, and that they served water from the dirty toilets. What a vile, disgusting place!

You reluctantly raised the sandwich to your mouth and took a bite. Huh, it's pretty decent. You could taste the cheese and butter together. The food was the opposite of what rumors said.

And as for the 'toilet' water, you had no choice but to drink it. Either die of thirst or face your fears. Squeezing your eyes shut, you took a small sip of water. It wasn't that bad, and it quenched your thirst. But it didn't make the prison feel any better. Well, it could've been worse.