Chapter Five

Tobias POV

Its 7:55 and we're all at Zeke and Shauna's apartment.

"Should we get going?" Asks Uriah.

I nod my head I start towards the door.

Its a 10 minute walk even though we all live in the same building. Caleb decided to live on the 8th floor while we all live on the 3rd and the elevators are slow.

We finally reach his apartment at 8:06. Zeke knocks on his door and he opens within seconds. Caleb stands in the doorway wearing a white button up shirt and dark jeans.

"Come in" he says moving away allowing us in.

I've never been in Caleb's apartment. I'd always pictured it with test tubes and and journals everywhere, but his apartment is extremely plain. White walls, wood floors, and basic tannish furniture.

"You're probably wondering why I invited you tonight" he starts.

"Caleb I swear to God if you waste our time I have another fork in my pocket and I'm ready to use it." Uriah says.

"Trust me, it's worth your time." He says, "Now you all remember my sister, Beatrice, correct?"

It becomes dead silent. How dare he speak of her like that. My hands are curling into fists.

I don't remember lunging at Caleb, but I did. I wrap my hands around his throat and bash his head against the wall. I throw him to the floor and punch him in the jaw.

This is all his fault. Filthy coward. How can something so beautiful be related to something so terrible?

I think Zeke pulled me off. I sink down to my knees and start sobbing in my hands. It's been so long since I've cried. Someone starts rubbing my back. I really hope it isn't Zeke, or Uriah. The hands seems delicate. I know those aren't Christina's or Shauna's. They'd only match my Tris's hand size. But my Tris is dead. Suddenly I realize that it is oddly quiet until a sweet voice breaks the silence.

"Nice to see you Tobias." She says.

It sounds like her. I'm too afraid to look behind me. But I don't have to.
Because she sits right in front of me. And even through my glossy eyes I'd recognize those stormy grey eyes anywhere

"Tris...?" I whisper.

"In the flesh" she chokes, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

I don't hesitate. My lips crash into hers. I want her more than anything. No. I need her. I am desperate for her touch. She wraps her arms around my neck pulling her small body into my chest.

We fit perfectly.

I am charged with a new energy. I feel my blood course through each vein.

I pull away. If I didn't need oxygen that would've had went on much longer.