Chapter 4

Dear readers, your opinion matters! Please don't forget to vote and share your thoughts by leaving comments

__________________________________________________

"Ah! I screamed, holding my hair. What the hell was that, girl? Did I really... nooo!" I said, fake crying.

"But he was really so handsome," I said, remembering his face, a little smile coming on my face as I remembered the way he spoke to me.

"Even if it's little, godd! girl"

It happened like how a female lead meets the male lead," I said, daydreaming with spring in my eyes.

"But I shut my eyes in embarrassment, remembering how I embarrassed myself in front of him.

"God, Avni, why are you so clumsy?' Ahh, mumma, will he like me?" I thought, taking a seat.

"But wait," I said, stopping my hand in the air.

"Why am I thinking like that?"

I stood up, making a stunned face. "Avni is not like other girls, and it's not the first time any boys looked at you like that," I said to myself, but my voice died in my thoughts.

He was different. Everything about him felt different, again remembering his face.

"Who is different?" I got startled, looking back, and saw my sister, Swara.

"No one. And why are you here?" I said, changing the question. She looked at me, narrowing her eyebrows.

"I—never mind. Mumma is calling you," she said and left.

"Thank God! I don't know why I say everything so loudly," I said. "Now, are you coming or not?"

"Yeah, yeah, coming!" I said loudly, following her.

We walked into the hall where the engagement was held. I walked towards my cousin.

"Where were you, and how dare you leave me with them? You know how I escape," she said, making an angry face.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but I might have to do surgery for my eyes if I stayed there any longer because it started hurting, rolling again and again," I said dramatically.

"But where were you after that?"

"I was in the corridor, and you know what happened," I said, suddenly getting excited to share what happened a while ago with her. I shifted my chair close to her.

"Guess what happened," I said, blushing.

"Oh my, what happened?" she said, getting interested in the gossip.

"So, I was walking down the corridor after leaving you guys, and suddenly I collided with someone," I said, trying not to smile.

"Really?" she said, being surprised. "Was he handsome, huh?" she teased.

"Kind of, he was," I admitted.

"Huh, kind of, huh?" she teased again.

"Ah, didi, don't start suddenly," I said, trying not to blush, but I knew I was totally tomato now.

"Okay, okay, but what did he say, huh?" she said again.

"He..." My voice died the second I looked at the stage. There he stood in a suit, perfectly fitting him, looking so damn handsome and hot, I heard my inner voice.

"He was talking with someone, not leaving any chance of being handsome. But wait, is he from the groom's side?" I asked myself.

"Yes," I suddenly heard didi's voice. "God, when will I stop talking loudly while thinking?" I fake cried.