[000] both demand blood

000

000. Prologue

Both demand blood

          FROM THE FIRST moment Jacaerys Velaryon had set foot in the Red Keep, after six agonizing years of absence, he had a peculiar feeling that a pair of eyes was following him through his journey to the training area, he tried to shook it off but it was so vehement that it made his brain ache.

          He wandered throughout the pit with Lucerys, when they heard enthusiastic shouts, it was a dull rhythm, its noise made one follow the crowd, and so did they. The two boys walked past the mob of people and watched thread fully the training.

          It was the moment, when Aemond pointed at them, Jacaerys' gulp could be heard amongst the horde, as his Adam's apple moved with a quick swift up and down.

          Jacaerys' mind strolled with thought, this is a strange way of the world, that people who simply want to be counted are instead forced into turning to become ruthless warriors, he judged.

          The young brunette boy, departed himself from the throng and made his way to enjoy the place he once was raised in. Albeit, an adolescent woman was standing near him, and he realized she was the very owner of the eyes that were shadowing him.

          For a mere instant he tried to squeeze out some childhood memory that should tell him whether he had seen that girl before, those devilish blue eyes of hers were recognizable. As Jacaerys stood watching it occurred to him that the dark haired woman, who must be fifteen at least, had been a part of his old life.

         Briefly, he recollected an old image of seven years ago, the girl must have been eight when that happened, she was in the grasp of Otto Hightower, his embrace strong as he held the young girl, and those eyes of hers pierced him the first time then, her gaze never drifted away from him, it left a bitter sensation afterwards, which he had never felt again, until now.

          "It is nice to see you again, Jacaerys Velaryon,"said the girl, straightening her shoulders pugnaciously. "After all these years."

          "Lady Caliste Hightower," his voice was stiff and heavy, holding his ground, the truth is, it wasn't pleasant to see her again, her presence made him feel uneasy. It seemed to him, that her scrutiny could grasp his breath midway in his throat, making it hard to breathe. He tried with a little more success than before to summon up his words "It is a pleasure to meet you again too." he said.

          "After six years, you are all back again," she nodded in order to imply for him to walk with her through the narrow hallways, "I did not expect for you to remember me, prince." her tone did not match with her words, as she talked rough trough her teeth.