꩜ 001 - 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵 𝘷𝘦𝘪𝘭𝘴 ꩜

Dazai was so done. He hated his life.

Every person to which he dared to say this, laughed at him. I mean, could he even blame them? He was a prince. How did a prince hate his life? His luxurious life?

But could he even explain, to them, the complexity behind that facade of expensive meals and elegant clothes?

No, people, or at least, the people he was surrounded with, were all stupid. They seemed incapable of understanding every deep thought, or complex ideas. That was the ambient he was situated from birth. But he knew from when he was a child that he would grow surrounded by fake people, who just wanted to use him, that didn't care about him, that just saw him as the prince, and not as Dazai Osamu.

He was bored. He was bored of life. It was all the same, every day. Wakes up at the sound of his mother's whispers against his ear, that always managed to make him shiver. After he woke up, he went downstairs to have breakfast with his father, his mother and his little brother. Even the food was always the same. Yes, there's no denying that the taste was amazing, but it was boring. It was the same as everyday. He started to hate the taste of the juicy ananas, as he drunk some water then.

"Dazai."

He almost choked on water as is father called for his attention, his gaze moved from the glass he was holding to his father. He swallowed the fresh water and placed the glass on the table. "Yes?"

"We've chosen a bride."

No. When he said that he wanted something different in life, he didn't mean this, not by a chance. What about...

Oh, he'll have to tell him later. He already was thinking about how he would react when his trance was interrupted by his mother's delicate and elegant voice.

"She's so sweet... You'll like her, I promise.." she said smiling sweetly at him. Dazai loved his mother, a lot. He wanted to protect her from everything in life. She was too sweet for her own good, he didn't even know how she got with his father. She didn't deserve him.

"And even if you don't like her, you have no choice either way." His father said, keeping that cold expression of his. He looked away. His mother let out a soft sigh from her lips. The tension rose quickly in the room, and it was almost palpable. The servants looked at each other.

He didn't say a word during the breakfast, after the small exchange. He was looking down at the empty plate with a contemplating gaze. He stayed still even when his parents left the room.

"Brother?" The tiny voice of his little brother broke the silence, that had invaded the room for longer than Dazai thought.

"Yes?" he replied with a faint smile, he watched as the little form of his brother approached him, holding out his tiny arms. He smiled as he picked him up by under his arms, putting him on his lap. He watched the child in his arms as he hugged his neck.

"Are you sad, brother?"

"No, no, I'm not sad, Eiji."

"Do you want to kiss that girl?"

"..."

"No."

He looked down at Eiji, his smile had faded. The 7 year old looked at him. He giggled a bit.Dazai watched him.

He was jealous of his brother.

He was jealous of those giggles.