Colouring Book

Wonpil woke up to a sound outside of the dressing room's window. He glanced up to the sky outside and saw that it was dark and cloudy out, and it was beginning to rain. He frowned, hoping that it wouldn't begin to thunder, but of course just then he saw a purple lightning streak burst from the sky.

Sungjin noticed that Wonpil was staring outside. "Bad weather before a show," he muttered, putting a hand on Wonpil's shoulder. "It'll probably calm down soon."

"I hope so," Wonpil smiled, but he was doubtful. He wasn't really inclined to have suspicions about weather causing good or bad events to happen, but this time he felt like it was a sign the show wouldn't go well. "Where is Dowoon?" He asked Sungjin, turning to look for him.

"He just went to the bathroom. He should be back soon." Sungjin left to go speak with the stage crew, so Wonpil waited for Dowoon.

But before he could end up actually having a conversation with him, it was time to start singing. He could hear the fans excited talking from outside, and he was happy that they supported him, but he was nervous that he would mess up. The lightning outside made him shiver every time it flashed.

"Let's go." YoungK said, smiling at Sungjin, Dowoon, and Wonpil just as they walked out to the stage.

Time Skip [ next day ]
The thunder had been a bad omen.

Despite the many hours he had spent throughout the past years practicing songs on his keyboard, his fingers just seemed to keep on hitting the wrong keys at the moments of the songs when his sound was heard the most.

His voice had also been slightly shaky, and he knew that some of the fans could probably tell that he was nervous- he just hoped that it hadn't been too obvious on their cameras. He didn't want rumours to spread.

Wonpil was sulking in his bedroom, beginning to go into little space. He picked up a small piece of paper lying on his desk and began to scribble on it, drawing animals that he liked.

Dowoon knocked on his door. "Hyung?"

"Dowoon," he looked up. "Hi!"

Dowoon smiled and saw that Wonpil was regressed. "Hi. Do you want to colour?"

"Mhm," Wonpil nodded, and then held his paper up. "Alweady drew dis."

"Such a great artist." Dowoon saw that Wonpil had drawn himself as Pil (🐰) and Dowoon as Don (🐶) where they were hugging each other. "Does Pil like Don's hugs?"

"A wot," Wonpil nodded. "Dis much!" He stretched his hands out as far as he could.

"So much." Dowoon patted him on the head. "Do you want more things to colour?"

"Uh huh," Wonpil smiled. Then he frowned. "But have nothing."

"It's okay. We can go to the store in disguise to get one." Dowoon took Wonpil's hand and helped him get ready for the store.

In the end, they were both unrecognizable (kinda) because of the masks, hats, glasses, and coats they put on. Nobody could really tell they were famous or who they were by looking at them.

"Can we get candy?" Wonpil hesitantly asked, pulling on Dowoon's coat a bit. "Pwease."

"Just one. You get hyper on sugar." Dowoon laughed as he remembered Wonpil being given too much sweets in the past. He opened the door, and Wonpil was too shy to hold Dowoon's hand in public, so he just kept close beside him and followed him to a T.

Eventually they reached the shop. "We're here, hyung," Dowoon gestured for Wonpil to go inside but Wonpil shook his head reluctantly. "What's wrong?" Dowoon asked.