Mistake Pt 1

At the start of the day, each day, Wonpil looked at the sun rising out of his window and thought how pretty it was. He really liked how the sun looked, so he wondered; will the moon look as beautiful?

Of course he had seen the moon many times before, but he wished that he could look at the sun, and then turn his head the other way and be able to see the moon. He wondered what one he would like more, because both were so pretty.

That night he stayed up late and watched the moon, but couldn't figure out whether or not it was more beautiful. It didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, and he would have forgotten about it on any other day. But he wondered to himself: what if i get compared like that? what if people begin to think i'm worse than another keyboardist/vocaliser?

He was a bit relieved that he hadn't ended up choosing the sun or the moon as his favourite. It made him feel like maybe if he kept seeing things neutrally, or on the same wavelength, then maybe people would see him like that... and they wouldn't compare him to others.

A few weeks went by and nothing out of the usual happened. Wonpil practiced with his group members and performed at their concerts. He did everything as he usually did.

Then, all of a sudden it seemed, he remembered how he had thought that people might be thinking if he's better or worse than other kpop stars. He isn't really thinking he will actually find any full fledged hate if he looks online, maybe just critiques, so he began to surf the internet of bad things people had to say about him.

There wasn't a whole lot in retrospect. It was definitely a lot better than the hate and rumors spread about some other idols. But of course there were bits and pieces here and there, and he began to feel sad about the whole thing- his career in general, even though he knew these comments weren't worth much.

He curled up in his bed and began to write possible lyrics for a new song, taking inspiration from other kpop songs that people had been liking recently. He kept on writing and changing his ideas and listening to songs until eventually he looked at his clock and it was 4AM in the morning.

"Oh no..." He sighed, closing his laptop. Wonpil, in the end, hadn't accomplished anything by doing all that... all his ideas were just not right... he wondered if he was just spiraling because he couldn't get the negative comments out of his head.

Eventually he fell to sleep, still thinking about the comments.

1 Week Later
Sungjin and Dowoon were talking, going over what they were going to be doing with a guest on a radio broadcast. "Do you think Wonpil will be up for that in time, though?" Sungjin asked Dowoon, casting a doubtful look at the floor.

"What do you mean?" Dowoon asked. Wonpil had seemed healthy to him.

"Well, you know, he seems a bit tired these days. I don't know if the fans would get to interact with him much." Sungjin said this as a way to explain himself, but he also looked more concerned about Wonpil than he would have if it was just honestly about the broadcast.

"Ooh," Dowoon nodded, thinking. Wonpil had been talking less lately, but Dowoon thought he was just not in the mood. "Should I ask him if he thinks he'll do it?"

"Yeah. But don't make it seem like we are worried for him, because I think that will make him feel worse." Sungjin muttered, and then smiled apologetically. "Thanks, Dowoon."

"It's fine." Dowoon waved him off.

Later that day, Dowoon caught up to Wonpil as he was leaving after practice. "Hyung! Wait for me!" He called, jogging over to him.

Wonpil stopped and glanced around, then smiled slightly when he saw it was his band member. "What is it...?" He asked.

"Ah, I just thought we could talk for a bit. It has been a while since we ate together." Dowoon used this as a ploy to get to speak with Wonpil in private.