Chapter 11

Over the course of the last couple of weeks, Jirou would dodge the dating question from Denki. To her, dating is such a massive commitment. What they have now is too good to risk damaging.

Her main fear is them breaking up and not being able to remain good friends. So, for the foreseeable future, dating Denki is off the table.

Denki is slowly losing his patience. All he wants is an answer and Jirou can't even give him one. He wants to be patient so badly, but this is taking far too long.

He's scared that if they don't date now, they'll end up drifting apart and won't ever get the opportunity to be together again.

Denki's willing to wait for her to make the call, but his phone has not yet rung. He needs to get an answer fast. Anymore radio silence from her and he will go crazy.

Jirou was sitting on the couch in her living room, reading a book when she heard footsteps that were coming towards her. She would look up from her book and see Denki.

"Jirou, I'm gonna need you to stop avoiding me and give me an answer. I feel as if it's a completely appropriate question to ask. We've slept and cuddled in the same bed. Not many people do that without the intent of taking things further. So, Jirou, are we a couple now or what? And if we aren't, can we be one?"

If this was any other day, Jirou would've completely blanked him and ran off. But today, she felt as if she's put it off long enough. She owes him an answer and she will now finally give it to him.

Denki was trembling, he was sure that jirou was just gonna run away from him again. It was all she ever did when he asked in the past. She would then stand up, making Denki even more nervous.

"Denki." She said as she grabbed both of his hands. "Ever since my mom died and my dad left, you have been my only source of happiness. I initially avoided the idea of us dating because I didn't want to damage our friendship. If we broke up and we couldn't be friends afterwards, I wouldn't be able to live with that."

It all made sense to Denki now. Fear is a completely fair reason to not want to date someone. But, Denki would never not want be with Jiroi. If not in a romantic way, he'd still want her by his side.

"I've been thinking about it, and yeah. We could try this dating thing out." Holy shit, she said it. Jirou had officially became Denkis girlfriend. She was shaking like hell, she was so happy.

Denki couldn't believe it, he was now dating the prettiest girl in the whole wide world. He was so taken aback, he passed out only mere seconds afterwards.

Jirou could only laugh, only then taking him to her room afterwards. She placed Denki on her bed. Allowing him to be in a comfortable place for when he woke up.

Before leaving the room to give Denki some peace and quiet, she would give him a quick forehead kiss. "I love you so much, can't believe you're my boyfriend now."

She could barely get the word boyfriend out of her mouth, she didn't ever think that she would be in this situation. But, she's glad that it's with Denki. She wouldn't want any other man. In her mind, Denki was perfect.

She would then make her way out of her room, down the stairs and back into the living room to resume reading her back. Only now, she was much happier and an amazing boyfriend to look forward to seeing everyday.