Chapter 3

Earth date: 03/18/2012, 09:00

Later that morning, a doctor, a tall white guy with glasses, rolled a cart into our bedroom. On the top level were plates of food on trays. Right under them were bags with our clothes in them. "Good morning, ladies. Eat up."

As we ate, the doctor told us, "You guys are clean. None of your clothes tested positive. The EMTs took saliva samples, and those tested negative too. It's amazing, considering how close contact you made with the patient, but infection's a strange process."

"How is he?" Daphne asked.

The doctor grimaced. "We're doing everything we can to help him."

Earth date: 03/18/2012, 09:30

Someone waited for us out in the parking lot.

Grayson!

He's so big and fluffy!

It's like walking a giant throw pillow!

Or getting tackled by one!

Dad opened the passenger door of the minivan when he saw me and Daphne, and Grayson sprinted to us. "Oh my gosh hi hi hi hi hi merry Christmas hello!" I cooed as Grayson jumped up for a doggy hug. 

Daphne's aunt and uncle got out of their car and came to us. "Daphne, are you alright?" her aunt asked her.

She nodded. Grayson came over and bumped his head against her knee. She petted him. "Can we still make it to church?" she asked her uncle.

He checked his watch. "We should be. Did you want to go?"

Daphne thought about it, then nodded. 

"Saoirse caught a ride, so we can head straight there," her aunt said as they climbed in their car.

"I'll see you later, Kristi," Daphne said. 

"See ya!"

Once the three of them had pulled off, I went back to petting Grayson. 

Earth date: 03/18/2012, 13:07

"And then he turned back into a bunch of robo-flies and flew out under the door and turned into a doctor and walked off!" I finished. "Daphne, did I miss anything?"

Daphne shook her head no. 

Mr. Cole had leaned back in his chair as I told the story. Now that I was done, he sat forward again. "Our shapeshifting friend--"

"Flaming Eye Guy!" Frazz interjected.

I haven't mentioned Frazz yet!

He is taaaaaaaaall.

He's looked like a high schooler since we were in the 5th grade!

He's got this messy, spiky blonde hair!

And the cutest gray eyes!