Classification day

Aizawa strolled into the now quiet class. Twenty students hung on the edges of their chairs, awaiting his words to follow. His tired eyes blinked around the room as he pulled out his desk chair, which was squeaking against the tile. "Class A. As I can assume you're all aware, we're taking today's extended hour home room to talk about classifications and your much awaited results." His words were bland, coming off his lips. Each student remembered taking their classification test. Sending blood and saliva samples into recovery girl and waiting a long, suspenseful 2 months. Aizawa took a deep breath before starting again. "As you're all aware, classification results consist of three categories. Neutral, Caregiver, and Little." The last word he spoke was said in almost a whisper. I need a show of hands who understands what each category is." 18 students raised their hands, 2 stayed down. Katsuki Bakugo and Tenya Iida Tenya was always focused in class, but something else had his attention today. He gazed at the blond, spiky haired boy, wondering what was off with his demeanor. Bakugou always made it known he was in the room, but today, as far as Iida had heard, he was silent—not a singular swear, snide remark, or jab. Iida pondered while Katsukis brain wasn't thinking about much at all. And it definitely wasn't listening to Aizawa. The only thing Kats could think about was how much his tummy hurt from not eating, and how frustrated he was that he didn't go on his run, the lack of energy from sleeping in late made the boy tired. But Katsuki Bakugo would never be caught dead sleeping in class, until today, a lot of his routine wasn't going as planned.

Aizawa scanned the room, noticing the two boys with their hands down, and sighed, realizing he'd have to actually explain everything to his students once more. He shuffled in his seat before adjusting and calling out to the two clearly inattentive students. "Tenya, katsuki. Please look up here; I don't have time for your daydreaming."
He takes another deep breath as the two boys snap their heads up. "Let's start with the simplest term, a neutral is a person who doesn't present or identify with the other two terms and is not affected by or from regression." His eyes dart around the room as he pulls a stack of neat white envelopes in front of him, shuffling them, then straightening them out anxiously. "The next classification is a caregiver, receiving this classification means you have almost parental tendencies over not only littles but most people. If you've received caregiver you will be paired with a little. Your job as the caretaker is to love, teach, and nurture your regressor and make their slipping healthy and positive. And lastly," Katsuki cuts him off with an audible yawn, catching the attention of Tenya, Izuku, and an unfazed Aizawa. The tired black-haired teachers eyes looked down at the envelopes again and continued, "Littles or regressors, those that receive this classification will experience their mental age decreasing, leading them to be more dependent on a caregiver. A little can have any age range, and these ranges are what tell us what a little may need. I'd also like to point out that forcing yourself to not regress can be mentally exhausting and very stressful. It's important during this time of change that, no matter your class, you're respectful and understanding of your classmates. At this time, I'll hand out your results. I advise you to open them now, as I talk about rules, but if opening in the comfort of your dorm is what you'd prefer, you may do that as well.

Aizawa lifted himself from his chair and gathered the now messy stack of envelopes in his hands, slowly making his rounds through the rows of desks. The chatter coursed through the room, energy coursing through the students. Except one, Kats was now head down on his desk, fast asleep. Not even Mina's squealing or Denki's loud laughter could wake the sleepy boy up. Not even Mr. Aizawa woke the boy when he slid the envelope on his desk, sealed and waiting to be opened.

Midoriya stood once more, then sat at the edge of Tenya's desk. "You noticed it too, huh?" Iida didn't have to wonder what Izuku meant; he already knew, Iida nodded and looked at the sleeping boy. "He's never like this, so quiet and reserved." Iida begins to remove the seal from his envelope. As Deku nods along, "Well, he was really stressed this morning, he got up late, and you know, Kacchan. He doesn't do that." Iida opens his classification results staring at the bold words "caregiver" staring back at him. He turns it around so Midoriya can see, unsure of how to feel, he looks up at the curly haired boy for reassurance. Izuku flashes a smile and turns his paper around; it's identical to Iidas! Tenya takes a breath of relief before speaking with that familiar formality that he normally does: "I'm happy to be able to help people with my classification. I know you must feel the same, Midoriya! I've seen how you are with children." Midoriya blushed. "Well yeah..if I want to be a hero, I need to protect everyone, no matter their age." He bashfully tugged on one of his curls, a habit he had.

Tenya and Izuku's conversation was cut short, as was the rest of the chatter throughout class A. Aizawa finished passing out envelopes and returned to his seat, shuffling and clearing his throat. His voice is low. "Midoriya, please tap bakugo; he needs to be awake for the explanation of rules now that you have classifications." Midoriya nods secretly, scared to get blown to bits, but leans forward and touches his palm to Kacchan's shoulder, shaking him gently. The sleeping blond jolts up and whips his head around so he's face-to-face with that damn nerd. He scoffs and spits out "fucking deku." Before spinning around to face forward again. Izuku can't help but notice the huge attitude shift in Kacchan since this morning. Iida notices as well and opens his mouth, likely to reprimand the boy, but Aizawa holds up his hand, beating him to it and stopping Tenya in his tracks.
Aizawa started "I'd like to review some rules UA specifically has in place for your new class. First, and pretty essentially, it's a must that each little one has a caregiver. You can take about a week after today to consult with your opposing class and decide who you may want as a dynamic partner. Not all caregivers have to have a little though, this year we have two extra caregivers, so whoever doesn't find a little by the end of next week will most likely fall into a babysitting position until further notice. Or a temporary neutral. Of course, if you're neutral, this rule does not apply to you, but the next part applies to each of you. The dorm dynamic will be changing this coming semester. Once caregivers and littles are registered, we will be moving dorms. Rooms will not be shared, but little ones will have a room directly next to their caregivers with connecting doors for convenience. Because of this change, neutrals will be provided with larger, more private rooms on the upper floor." Cheers were heard from the neutrals in class who imagined their new, bigger rooms. Aizawa continued. "The next rule is a little specific. To reduce regression in class, training, and patrolling with agencies, Principal Nezu has made it a rule that each regressor must have at least one scene a day during personal time. This doesn't mean you have to regress. But you should do something stress relieving with your caregiver. Aside from those two things, the rest of the rules are up to caregivers and littles and communication should happen when creating these rules." Aizawa takes a deep, shaky breath from all the talking he's just done. He lays his head on his hand and waves his free hand in the air "the rest of the time talk freely amongst yourselves, quietly." Class A immediately burst out into conversation; Katsuki, however, bit his lip and crossed his feet on top of his desk. He fiddled with the seal, struggling to open it. He tugged at the envelope and pulled his results out. He took his first breath of relief today, staring at the word in big, bold letters.

Neutral.