Chapter One

Head Mare Starlight Glimmer came up to the small stairs in the mane room of The School. "Alright! You've all done amazing today on your classes and now it's time to celebrate Hearts and Hooves Day with your very special somecreature for the rest of the day. So happy Hearts and Hooves Day everyone!" she called out.

   Silverstream looked at the ponies, both mare and stallion getting together and walking away side by side. Light Breeze, a new student, ran up to her special somepony Floating Light, a black stallion with a curly blue and white mane. She saw almost everypony with there soulmates, even Sandbar and Yona were together.

   Then her eyes landed on Gallus flying over to their friends. She blushed as she realized she was staring at him and ponies started whispering next to her. She joined her friends quickly, her usually cheery mood faded.

   Sandbar and Yona were standing close together while Ocellus and Smolder were talking excitedly about something. "Hey!" she said, trying to sound happy.

   Yona looked up. "Hippogriff alright?" she asked, clearly catching the small hint of sadness in her voice.

   Silverstream blinked. "Great. Everything is great heh heh." She forced a smile.

   Yona smiled slyly. "Okay, Yona take hippogriff word for it," she rumbled with disbelief in her voice.

   "We're heading to the lake," Sandbar told them.

   "So see you," Yona said, following him happily out of the school.

   Smolder took flight and fluttered there for a moment as Ocellus finished speaking. Silverstream didn't take any notice of them. "I'm gonna keep an eye them," Smolder finally said slyly. "Pulling some fun on them shouldn't hurt anything." She then flew at top speed after Sandbar and Yona. Ocellus giggled as she bounded off to follow Smolder.

   Silverstream and Gallus sat alone.

   Gallus chortled. "So, should we meet them at the lake or what?" he asked. "Smolder can't have all the fun!"

   Silverstream snapped out of her thoughts at that. "O-oh um- I'll catch up!" she told him more cheerfully. He shrugged and waved goodbye before taking flight.

   Silverstream sighed then walked to her room, door 5. She walked in, closed the door and flopped onto the bed. "I have to tell him today! On Hearts and Hooves day!" she hissed to herself. "I just don't know how!" She looked up at her desk with a piece of paper and a pink pen.

   "A secret admirer card! That's it!" she laughed, getting up and siting down at her desk, ready to write.

* * *

   "No! That won't work!" Silverstream screeched throwing another crinkled paper in the trash. "It needs to be perfect!" She had been writing for only ten minutes but it felt like forever.

   She herd a noise complaint from a pony on the other side of the wall. Silverstream froze. "Sorry!" She called, blushing. She turned back to the last piece of paper and thought.

   Roses are red. . .violets are blue. . .violets are blue. . . I think griffons are great. . .and. . .

   And. . .

   I have a crush on you. . .

   Silverstream thought about that one for a moment them smiled. "Yes that works great!" she said then wrote.

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
I think griffons are great
And I have a crush on you."

   She folded it in an origami heart and scribbled it pink with a pink pen. She grabbed it in her talons and flew out of her room and down the hall to Gallus's room and placed it on his desk then quickly left and flew down the hall and out to the lake.

   She got there to see Smolder, Ocellus and Gallus were hiding behind a tree watching Sandbar and Yona looking out over the lake. She flew over to them and sat quietly. "What's happening?" She whispered, now in a cheerful mood.

   Smolder laughed softly. "Were going to throw a rock in the water and try to scare them." She said. "Okay!" Silverstream exclaimed.

   "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Yona." Sandbar said with care. Yona blushed then leaned in when Sandbar did. Smolder chortled softly as the two kissed. "Maybe we should hold off on the prank till later." She told Gallus and Silverstream.

   The couple must have heard them, as their heads shot up and away from eachother. Sandbar blushed as he noticed his friends watched the whole thing. "Dudes!" He called. "Y-you didn't see us-uh. . ." He trailer away.

   "Kissing?" Silverstream said slyly.

   Sandbar and Yona both blushed.

   "Don't worry buddy!" Gallus said, slapping a claw on Sandbar's back. "Your secret's safe with us."

   Sandbar's blush faded slightly. "What are friends doing here?" Yona asked timidly. "Oh, just poking some fun at the lovebirds," Smolder told them.

   "Don't you all have Special Somecreature's of your own?"

   "Nah," Smolder said, glancing quickly at Ocellus, who looked away. Silverstream and Gallus shook their heads, slightly subdued. Not yet at least. Silverstream hoped. They all soon left.

* * *

   After awhile, Silverstream screeched inside, impatient. "Has he seen it yet?!" she thought desperately, only time would tell.