@HicksScribbles

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us, Alix and Nick Hicks, who co-author on Alix's Wattpad account (HicksScribbles), and they currently have two stories in the Wattpad Originals catalog (also available on YONDER), two stories that were part of a Wattpad Original Series (now currently free to read, by request of the authors), were part of the former Wattpad STARS Program, and have been in the Wattpad Creators Program since its launch.

They've had the opportunity to write for two different Brand-partnerships through Wattpad, and have also been panelists for Wattpad's romance panel at the online/in person convention, Writers Connx. They also had a story feature by Bookstagramer and TikToker, Kevin T. Norman, on his Big Gay Book Report, in partnership with Wattpad.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Alix and Nick Hicks.

Alix and Nick Hicks co-author fantasy, paranormal, historical, contemporary, and horror fiction featuring lgbtq+ characters that they share on Alix's Wattpad account, HicksScribbles

They currently have two stories in the Wattpad Originals catalog (also available on YONDER), two stories that were part of a Wattpad Original Series (now currently free to read, by request of the authors), were part of the former Wattpad STARS Program, and have been in the Wattpad Creators Program since its launch.

They've had the opportunity to write for two different Brand-partnerships through Wattpad, and have also been panelists for Wattpad's romance panel at the online/in person convention, Writers Connx. They also had a story feature by Bookstagramer and TikToker, Kevin T. Norman, on his Big Gay Book Report, in partnership with Wattpad.

How would you describe yourself as a writer?

>>Mostly as lgbtqia+ speculative fiction writers who enjoy large casts of characters and interlacing plot lines, usually with action, drama, and the occasional spicy scene!

What was your reaction or how did you feel when you were first invited to join the Wattpad Creators' Program? Did you ever expect to receive the invitation previously?

>>We were both extremely excited and grateful. Even though we were in the Stars Program, it's impossible to know when the company's needs will change, so we never just assume an offer will come along.

Wattpad is a home to millions of users. As a result, it is only natural that every writer on this platform would like to receive reads, votes, comments, etc. and be recognized by Wattpad someday. What would be your advice to those writers?

>>Be present in the Wattpad community! Read and comment on stories that you really enjoy, that have things in common with what you write. For us, that's been one of the best ways to learn, make friends, and find an audience.