@AM-Prabeswar

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us, A.M. Prabeswar (AM-Prabeswar), whose first completed novel, A Grace of Crowns, won the 2016 Watty's Award for HQ Love, and after a hiatus (due to more! relocation), she returned in late 2020 and became a Wattpad Star and—now—Creator. The second book in her series, The Courtesy of Kings, was also shortlisted for the Wattys 2023 Ongoing Stories category.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed A.M. Prabeswar.

 Prabeswar

A.M. Prabeswar is a Southeast-Asian regularly on the move, living in three different continents in each three decades of her life. The only thing constant is her passion for writing, which is heavily influenced by all her different sociocultural experiences. As a result, she developed a love for fantastical worlds filled with magic, rich cultures, and complex characters.

Her writing (and reading) is rife with intrigue and mystery, and maybe just the slightest hint of romance. Her first completed novel, A Grace of Crowns, won the 2016 Watty's Award for HQ Love, and after a hiatus (due to more! relocation), she returned in late 2020 and became a Wattpad Star and—now—Creator. The second book in her series, The Courtesy of Kings, was also shortlisted for the Wattys 2023 Ongoing Stories category.

Besides reading and writing, she also enjoys manga, watching anime (Howl's Moving Castle by Studio Ghibli is an absolute favourite!), playing piano, and cuddling her British Shorthair.

How would you describe yourself as a writer?

>>An organised plotter with a love for complex characters and rich world-building.

My stories are sink-or-swim: there's no hand-holding and very minimal infodumping. I like to throw my readers directly into my world and have them learn about it gradually through context and direct experience, and I also like to reward attentive readers by throwing in a lot of subtle hints and foreshadowing.

What was your reaction or how did you feel when you were first invited to join the Wattpad Creators' Program? Did you ever expect to receive the invitation previously?

>>I did expect it, partly because my book was meeting above the Engaged Readers requirements, but mostly because I was already a Wattpad Star, and they were all supposedly going to be transferred over to the Creators programme, anyway.

It is nice to be part of an official programme, so of course I was happy for the invitation. But it wasn't a defining moment, nor do I see it as a mark of quality in one's writing abilities. There are many well-written stories on Wattpad whose authors aren't part of the programme, and as far as I'm concerned, anyone writing stories is already a "creator" anyway.