IN BUREAU

In CID Bureau:-

At 5:30 AM

Abhijeet and Vivek were the only two present in the bureau.

Both the senior inspectors were working on their respective computers....

Suddenly Abhijeet spoke up:

"Yaar Vivek, chal coffee peene jate hain

(In english :- Hey vivek, let's grab a cup of coffee)"

Vivek looked up emotionlessly and nodded in approval without a single word...

Abhijeet knew what was wrong with his buddy....

He sighed "Vivek chup mat rain, kuch to bol

(Vivek don't be dumb, say something!"

Vivek looked up a bit irritated

"Kya bolu! Kya bacha hain bolne ke liye!"

(What the hell shall I say! What is there to speak??)

Abhijeet said "Dekh yaar, tera koi galti nahi tha uske maut mein!"

(Look buddy, there was no fault of yours in her death...)

Vivek's jaw clenched. He desperately controlled his exploding emotions of anger, to shout to erupt to sob...... But he gulped them in one go....

He spoke blankly in english "Its better if you don't bring this up and yeah I am coming for coffee...

(He speaks in english when he is being professional or emotionless)

Abhijeet knew his friend, he knew the pain he was hiding and still coming to this bureau working for justice every single day.

He knew Vivek finds it nearly impossible to live in his own home after Prachi's murder by getting shot....

Vivek worked 24/7, crossing the level of working hours of Abhijeet....

Abhijeet too found it hard to cope with Prachi's death, she was his daughter too by emotions...

He wished to hug Vivek close to him and let him weep. But then there were walls of suppression, of society's disdainful comments and all...

He sighed and followed Vivek......

IN CAFETERIA

Both sat on a table....

Abhijeet :- Yaar abhibhi koi nahi aaya.
(Damn! no one has come yet!)

Vivek :- Hmm....

Abhijeet (mischievous smirk) :- Waise shaadi ke bare mein socha hain??

(Any thoughts on getting married??)

Vivek smirked

"Hum kaha Abhijeet hain jisko koi Tarika mil jayga, mere pass tarikon ki kami hain"

(I am no Abhijeet who will find his Tarika, I am having shortage of tricks)

Abhijeet laughed patting his shoulder

Then Abhijeet took a deep breath and said

"Sun Vivek, tu aisehi muskurata rein. Dukh to apne seene mein chupaneka koi fayda nahi.

(Listen Vivek, keep smiling like this. There is no benefit of bottling up your pain)

Vivek sighed deciding to opening up to the guy whom he trusts deeply

" Pata nahi yaar, uske jaane ke bad se sab kuch bikhar chuka hain. Woh ek din, wo ek ghatna har din, har paal mujhe satata hain. Mujhe bachane keliye usne ek goli kha li. Bohot bahadur thi woh, mujhse bhi zyada. Aur main use bacha tak nahi paya!"

(I don't know why but everything seems falling apart since her demise. That day keeps replaying in my mind, haunting and tormenting me every single day.

She sacrificed herself to save me! She was a brave girl, a warrior, much more valiant than me.
And here I am who could not save her)

His eyes had unshed tears

Abhijeet sighed "Main samaj sakta hun kya beet rahi hain tujhpe. Magar soch kya woh khush hogi tuje iss halat mein dekhke? Hum sab jante hain teri koi galti hi nahi thi! Phir kyu aapne aap ko aise tarpana??"

(I understand what you are going through. But think, would she have been happy if she saw you in this state? We all know there was no fault of yours, then why torture yourself like this??)

Vivek smirked disdainfully at himself and then spoke with a bit raised voice

"Maine meri laparwahi ke vajahse apne do karib insaan ko khoya hain! Kaise maaf karu aapne aap ko??"

(I lost my two dear ones due to my carelessness! How the hell do I forgive myself)

Abhijeet wiped away the drop of tear from vivek's cheek.

They both drank their coffee

Vivek finally spoke out

"You know Abhijeet, I am truly sorry. Its just too difficult to navigate through this messed up shit going on... Just because of my career I am having this fucking enemies and my close ones are sacrificing their lives...."

Abhijeet agreed with him "Yeah... I am still haunted by my short term memory losses. I still remember the words that made me realise I could not even recognise my mother that time!"

And there are these bastards who provide shit to betterment and are selfish enough to commit crimes!"

They both started to release their pent up anger and laughing about certain past incidents.....

And finally they got a message from Kajal saying she has entered the bureau...

And they left the cafeteria.