Mangle's Part

A shadow crawled from the endless darkness of its Cove, slamming its head on the ground, exhausted.

"I can't take this anymore..." he said. "This is humiliating, painful, shameful, depressing."

His head was lifted with some efforts, but it fell again to the ground after some seconds. The figure stretched an arm, filled with damaged wires and endoskeleton leftovers, to the spot that received most moonlight.

"Why am I like this? So hated, disturbed, broken, dead. Buried alive."

And in fact, Vixen, or Mangle as a hellish nickname, couldn't get it. He was colorful and playful with the kids. What went wrong?

Was it because of his partner, Foxy? That damn pirate had stolen all the love from the start. Always teaching kids pirate songs and fun facts, playing with them...

"Why, just why?" Mangle repeated the question over and over, lifting his parts to the moonlight so he could take a look at them.

Mangle wasn't supposed to be like that. He was a full pink and white pirate fox that was supposed to play the role of Foxy's friend, but... Foxy never really liked having him on his way. It was really annoying to have a partner when kids love just one. He felt bad for Mangle, he knew it was painful, but couldn't help it. The show had to go on, and Foxy was a special attraction. He couldn't just stop the show to help his rotten partner.

The dismantled figure stood up completely, its body summarized to wires and endoskeleton leftovers.

"It has to end, it all has to end."

Mangle sighed mechanically, collapsing on the ground again. His body wasn't strong enough to be standing for so much time (A.K.A two minutes).

He even had noticed how Foxy behaved near the kids, and tried to do the same, but noone had him as a favorite. Foxy had, which was a problem. Holy damn it, how did he attract Mike with such ease? Things like that weren't possible to Mangle. The pirate fox had a special love for that kid, and the kid felt the same. How could they both be so happy? Why couldn't he have it?

Suddenly, a wild idea came out and Mangle even simulated gasping.

"If he has children love him, I'll make the children hate him."

And he grinned for the first time in years.

* * * * * * * *

Everything was perfect, Mike's birthday party, lots of kids and parents to witness the crime. Mangle hung himself on the ceiling, climbing it skillfully with his slender body and crawling to the hallways. Where the hell was Mike? He had to find that kid before Foxy interfered.

Fortunately, he found the little boy taking a peek at Foxy's gift. How shameless could that pirate fox be?! Mangle felt anger and jealousy welling up into his inner soul. He stretched his neck skillfully, careful so it wouldn't touch Mike's head before the time. That kid had Foxy's love, Foxy's gifts and it didn't seem like it would change, not even in a million years. Yes, Mangle was jealous, that pirate fox had caught his heart in the past, when he was a kid just like the others.

The rotten fox couldn't stop now. One, two, three...

...Foxy showed up on the hallway and screamed. Hah, seemed like he had someone to throw his fault on.

Mangle bit Mike's head with strength and all his might, feeling his anger and jealousy fading away as the bite was releasing it all converted into gore. The little boy collapsed on the ground, leaving Mangle's jaw with a piece of his mind (see what I did there). The endoskeleton-like fox grinned.

Now he had to save his friend.

* * * * * * * *

How in the world was Jeremy Fitzgerald considered a friend to him? Not even Mangle knew it.

He just saw kindness in the guard's eyes and decided to help his poor little soul to get out of that mad pizzeria before it was too late.

On the same night, hours after the bite, Jeremy arrived like if he knew nothing about that incident. He went to the office and worked as always.

Mangle decided to arrive at 4 AM, so his presence wouldn't look as dangerous as it could look like if he had came earlier. He decided to just be hanging on the ceiling of the office.

Jeremy put on the mask pointlessly, like if Mangle would harm him.

"You have to leave" the fox said firmly, his golden eye staring at him. "Before it's too late, leave us here."

The guard looked up at him and then down at his desk, like if he was thinking about it.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you, but the others will."

Jeremy's body became shaky at the thought of being stuffed into a suit. How painful could it be? He would just pray that if that had to happen he would be at least dead.

"Did you know? My partner killed a child today. It won't be long before you're next."

Mangle kept on trying to convince the guard to run away. Jeremy nodded at the end, just to make the fox stop. Talking to a murder machine was starting to look weird and if he didn't stop being distracted... The suiting thing would be even closer to happen.

When his shift ended for the day, he left without saying a single word to the animatronic.

"Please, just run... I don't want you to get hurt." the fox whispered in the wind that the fan was blowing on the desk, watching as the others were moving back to their respective places.

* * * * * * *

"I didn't want to do it, I really didn't want to do it..."

Mangle whimpered as he noticed Jeremy's presence for another night. Damn, why didn't he just ask to be fired and run away?

He hated to have to do it to a so beloved person, but he had no choice.

When it was 3 AM, Mangle headed to the office and started to hang on the ceiling, watching Jeremy attentively. The gentle way he sketched on his journal, the way he interestedly heard Phone Guy's messages, every little detail was precious to Mangle.

The endoskeleton-like fox lost the courage to do something so terrible and decided to do it when time was near to end. The other animatronics didn't dare to show up - Foxy was way too depressed for Mike to get out of those curtains.

Finally, when it was 5 AM, Mangle spoke up to Jeremy.

"I know this won't be good, but you returned - you shouldn't have done that." he paused, feeling extremely bad for his beloved friend. "I'll have to do this - I don't want you to suffer. You were the only one that really acted gentle to me. That's why... I want you to leave us. Leave it all and be happy. I'll...End your suffering."

Jeremy almost jumped off the chair. He was scared - afraid of whatever Mangle would do to him. But he was also sad for him. He felt pity and liked his words - they sounded real.

Mangle came closer to Jeremy's face, his nose touching the man's forehead gently. His inner soul was crying unstoppably, but his animatronic side couldn't cry.

"Goodbye, Jeremy. I... I love you."

Then the fox bit Jeremy's head with strength, making sure that he wouldn't be able to survive. His soul was falling in depression, but the animatronic couldn't show any emotions.