Birthday

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is a prequel for my other fanfic! If you're interested, please read I Just Wanted To Say Sorry! >n<)

"Happy birthday!"

A little happy boy ran through the lively pizzeria to receive mechanical hugs from the cheeky animatronics. Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie and Toy Chica hugged Mike Schmidt all at once, improving the happy mood.

More precisely, Mike was turning eight years old and celebrating his birthday party on his favorite place of all places: Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. He just loved there, not because of the Toy trio, but because of someone else...

Soon, the Toy animatronics had to let Mike go, so he could maybe take a seat and explore the pizzeria once again, like he would do everyday he went there. Much to the main trio's hate, the birthday boy was more interested on the old and rotten animatronics. A proof of that was Foxy the Pirate Fox, the old crimson pirate thing that didn't do much on the pizzeria. Still, it had caught Mike's attention and love.

The boy, as predicted by the Toys, didn't even bother to take a seat on one of the Party Rooms. He ran to look for his hero of all times, Foxy, which was usually entertaining the kids with a rotten partner, Vixen. Or Mangle, as the children used to call it.

It didn't took long before Mike found Foxy, taking a peek at the other kids behind the curtains that resembled a pretty starry sky. Soon enough the crimson fox flipped them away, revealing his half broken suit and a wide grin.

"Ahoy, lil' sailors!" the animatronic said triumphantly, moving his hook around like if there was a fly on it. "Tis' be Foxy tha' Pirate Fox!"

Mike cheered and clapped, amused and fascinated by the way his hero used to start the show.

"I heard one of ye sailors be havin' a birthday party! Shall ye come to tis' ol' seadog?" Foxy grinned again, kneeling a little to offer his fluffy lap to the birthday boy.

Of course, he already knew Mike was the birthday boy, how could he forget? The crimson pirate had never revealed that, but that boy was a favorite.

Our little protagonist squealed in happiness and ran to the animatronic's warm yet mechanical embrace. Those little details didn't matter, being hugged by Mike's big hero was way more important.

"Happy birthday, Mikey!~" Foxy said to the little boy with all the happiness and softness he could gather. His hook patted Mike's little head softly, like if the fox was a proud father.

The boy nuzzled his cheek with Foxy's, feeling ingenuously special. The pirate animatronic grinned with his sharp teeth and announced to Mike:

"I have a gift fer ye, can ye return later?"

He nodded, and Foxy crouched to let the birthday boy go.

"Hey sailors, tha' party be still goin' on! Go tae tha' Party Rooms!"

With that announcement, all the kids in the Cove ran to the Party Rooms happily. Mike was on the lead, and the party went on smoothly.

* * * * * *

Later, the boy returned to Pirate Cove, as Foxy asked.

The animatronic was crouching, like if waiting for a long time, and his face was emotionless. When Mike showed up, the fox stood up and smiled cheerfully.

"Ye be here, then! Well, I don' be tha' best gift giver, but I-I tried fer ye."

Foxy handed Mike a medium-sized gift box. The birthday boy opened it and grinned with happiness and emotion as he saw some items for a pirate costume.

"Tha' was all I could find around thes' parts..."

"Thank you so, so much!!"

Mike hugged his hero again, grinning. The animatronic patted his head with the hook carefully.

"I love ye, Mikey..." Foxy whispered in an unaudible voice, so the little boy couldn't hear it.

He was glad he couldn't hear it, because it would just make the incident look worse.