✨Chapter Five✨

I've been off work for a couple days. With Nick focusing on trials and such, there wasn't much to do. I held my stuffie I got from build a bear. It was the long horn. I named him Hank. I danced him around my little room as my little space playlist blared through speakers. I giggled as I twirled and bounced. I stopped for a moment to sip some juice from my sippy cup. Apple juice was one of my favorites. For as silly as it sounds, it was an instant regressor for me, especially when it was in a sippy cup or baby bottle. The song blaring through the speakers came to a close. I shut off the speakers and made my way out of the little room. I held Hank in my arms as I walked past all the toys I had littered throughout my apartment.

It always felt so good to see my toys everywhere. It turned the apartment from dull to colorful. My favorite toys are always on the coffee table. I never let them touch the floor, and if they did, they spent the longest time in the hospital where Mr.Sniffles helped them feel better! I giggled to myself as I walked over to the coffee table. There sat my space ship, a small teddy bear, alien figures, and some stationary I was using to journal with. I sat down on the ground in front of the toys on the coffee table. I thought for a moment, trying to think of what I could do today. It was a week day, meaning the likely hood of kids being at my local park were very slim. I stood up, leaving Hank on the floor. I grabbed a little light blue backpack from my little room closet. I began stuffing it with a book and small toys.

I made my way to the kitchen where I got some snacks and a premade sippy cup from the fridge. I placed them into my bag. I looked down at my Bluey pjs. I realized it would be best to change. I walked into my room and grabbed an outfit I thought was park perfect. I looked in my fully body mirror admiring the outfit. I wore a pastel Dino print shirt with khaki shorts. My shoes were Dino print as well. I smiled softly. I needed one last thing before I left, and that was my Dino shaped chew necklace. I placed it around my neck to complete the look. "Perfect!" I said excitedly.

I walked out of the room, and I peered at the time. 10:47am. Perfect, I thought. Not too hot outside yet, and most people won't be there! I opened and closed the door behind me, making my way to the park.

Nicholas's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I groaned to myself as I shut it off. I gave Arlo the past two days off due to me needing to finish out the things with Charlie. Like I imagined, it was a pretty open and shut situation. The judge seemed to only glance at the evidence to make the decision in favor of Charlie.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, contemplating whether I wanted to be productive or just sleep away my days. Unfortunately, my mind won't let that happen, so up I went. I walked out to my living room. I admired its tidiness. I felt at ease. I couldn't imagine letting things clutter my floors or shelves. I had a few decor items here and there, but nothing really stood out. Some might say my home had no personality, I say it had just enough. I sat at my computer for the remainder of the morning. I finished some documents and other files that needed to be done. I glanced at the time. 12:35pm. I smiled a bit as I picked up my phone. I clicked Arlo's name in my recently called list. I held the phone to my ear as it rang. It rang four times before going to voicemail.

I looked down at my phone with a puzzled look. Is he ignoring me? Did my hug bother him? Did I make him uncomfortable? I tried ringing him again, but same outcome. I'd be lying if I said I didn't grow concerned at this point. I slipped on my shoes, and grabbed my keys. I made my way out of the house and into the car. Normally, I would just leave Arlo alone, but for some reason, I felt really uncomfortable at the thought of him not wanting to talk to me. Once I reached his apartment building, I went up to his door and began knocking intently. "Arlo?" I said softly. I knocked again but to no avail. I looked down at my phone. 12:48pm. I sighed to myself. I turned around to leave but instead was faced with Arlo. His cheeks and forearms were rosy. His hair was slightly wet due to sweat. His eyes were bright and golden due to the sun. He held the straps to his book bag on his back.