Chapter 1: A day at Michael's

Jeremy's POV, present day

Michael was smiling. He was smiling. The two were playing Apocalypse of the Damned. Like they always did. Yet... that didn't stop the wretched feeling clawing up his stomach. He tried to enjoy this moment, but... he couldn't help but feel terrible. He felt a frown crawl through his face like a centipede. Michael seemed to notice this, too. "Christine?" Michael inquired. While Christine breaking up with him because neither of them felt like the relationship could work still stung a little, that was never the reason. God. Why couldn't I have been a better person? Jeremy thought. "Jeremy?" Michael asked, poking him back to reality. "H- Huh? Oh, y- yeah, sure." Michael looked at him, empathetic and confused. "Dude, you good?" He asked. Jeremy nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Dude, if you need me, I'll be Heere." He said it with so much care and affection, and then chuckled, which Jeremy joined in on. Jeremy nodded, smiled and said "Thanks," How can he love me this much, even after what I did to him..? Jeremy wondered. Him and Michael spent a while just having fun. Well, Michael was. Jeremy was trying, but the lingering feeling was still there. Like he'd eaten a rock and though everything hurts he still knew it was his fault and it was hard to even speak. In the midst of his thought, Michael broke the silence. "Did you hear about Rich?" Michael questioned. "Is he still in the hospital?" Jeremy responded, equally curious. "Yeah. He's apparently been there like, way longer than is normal," Michael remarked. Jeremy wanted to vocalize something, anything, but all he managed to get out was a blurted "Oh jeez," The day went on, and no matter how Jeremy tried to distract himself, he couldn't pull his mind off Rich.