About Molly's Miracle Colonies

Molly and Ben have a courtship while she is still 12, but I want to make clear that it's a platonic relationship. Zheien don't do that, and Ben is Zheien. Molly's mother is verbally abusive and her father doesn't try to stop her. That's not acceptable.

I wanted to write this book to call attention to the plight of minors. It's still possible in a few places to get married underage, and the person becomes an emancipated minor. However, they can't go to a shelter or get a divorce. In the case of an abusive relationship, the minor is stuck.

Molly does not have this situation, but I hope to reach readers who might, and here are some helpful links. Where the subject comes up in the book, I tried to give accurate facts.

UN Declaration on Child Marriage

Wikipedia entry on Child Marriage

Girls Not Brides, an international effort to end child marriage

Unchained At Last, a US organization to help us understand the consequences of early marriage.

About The Cover

There is no element of this cover that uses AI to generate it. The cover design came from a  canva.com book cover template that I can't find now.

I created the Molly and Binneas characters in DAZ Studio. They are both Genesis 8 characters.

Molly's skates came from several pictures on pexels.com of kids' roller blades. I removed backgrounds in GIMP and cut them down, then applied them to a render of Molly 8 from DAZ Studio.

Ben's twin-fingered hands took months to create in DAZ with a product called Mesh Grabber. I have videos of some of this work on my YouTube Channel, DannisWrites.

The background picture came from pexels.com

I hope to finish this in time to enter it into the Wattys. Wish me luck! There's no limit to the number of submissions, but only one can win. So I'll be entering my other novels, too.

My normal update schedule is Tu, Th, Sat at 1 am but I want to finish the entire book by Aug 6, so I have 6 chapters uploaded, and I will plan for 6 chapters at a time. 

I have 3/4 written. I had a complete 1st draft but recently changed the plot around, and my daughter Maggie thinks it's better. Can't wait to hear from you to see if you think it is! Happy reading!