𝟒: 𝐀𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

☆

"Why the fuck would you let him Aashvi?!!" Manvi yelled at me, taking another break before again starting walking here and there in the room while I sat quietly on the couch.

"He..." I murmured but didn't spoke further because she can't know this too.

"What He? You're not a girl who'll agree to this fake shit for anything, then why?!" She's right but I'm also a girl who'll do anything to find my family.

I never really tried to find them, because if they wanted me, they would've already found me long ago.

But the moment this Yuvaansh whispered me how he knows something that no one else is expected to know, I knew it.

The both brother know something that I should but don't.

And I need to know both, what they know about me, and how they know that about me.

After they both left from the office, I couldn't keep with people's eyes on me instead of keeping it on their respected work.

I asked our director to let me leave early today and wow! He let me, without even asking the reason while he would never let me do so even if had a huge emergency.

Manvi wasn't even talking to me since the moment she got home till now when I finally dared to ask her why she isn't.

She didn't even doubted me by asking if I am really dating that Yuvaansh Oberoi and started yelling why I didn't just told everyone that he was lying.

She just doesn't wants me to end up in any controversies with those celebrities because that'll only damage me.

And once again, I don't have any explanation for her while all she does is care for me.

Maybe that's the reason too, because I fear.

I fear if I even open up my one secret to her or Ruhaan, all my other secrets will come in front of them too, getting worsen one by one.

And in the end,

They'll realise it too,

How a monster doesn't deserves any kind of care.

Like dad did.

"Aashviii!" She exclaimed and my head jerked up to her. I didn't regretted how much part of her lectures I missed in my overthinking.

"It's already 1 am, Let's talk tomorrow." I breathed getting up from the couch and walking towards my room.

"Aashviii..." She called again with a hint of disappointment in her voice this time and I stopped, without turning around to her.

"Today was your birthday." She reminded and I closed my eyes in defeat.

I though that I managed to not think of it the entire day after that one reminder at that literal gun point.