Chapter 17: The day they gradually realized (2)

Mermaid poison can only be cured with the mermaid's own blood and Cale is leading a small army to destroy an island and 'friendly' take some of the mermaid's blood to cure Ron.

Even though it was very dangerous, Ron, despite being seriously injured, still had to go along to receive mermaid blood and treatment as quickly as possible.

Currently, while Cale and the others are on the battlefield, Vicross is staying to take care of Ron at the shelter, and accompanying them is...

Sob sob.

The sound of sniffling echoed throughout the room.

"[____], you can stop now, your tears are soaking the bed." - Vicross, holding a tray of food, complained.

...and accompanying them is [____].

[____] was assigned by Cale to stay behind to take care of and protect the injured Ron along with Vicross because Vicross is currently not in the best mental condition. It was only natural that his respected father being seriously injured must have been a shock to him.

"Sob. I.. I won't stop.. hic.. because it's only been 7 days...sob"
"Did you do that because you felt sorry for my father or did you want to punish him..."
"Sob.. Both.."

Vicross looked at the maid sitting next to his father who was sniffling with a deadpan look.

It's been a week since Ron came back injured and every time [____] goes into his room she bursts into tears. According to Ron, it will be 3 more days until she stops.

"Haa... what a scary punishment..."
"Father."

Vicross quickly brought the tray of food to the small table on Ron's bed, while [____] slowly helped Ron sit up to eat.

"That's right, Ron-nim... sob.. If you don't want to be punished like this again... sob.. then don't get seriously injured next time..."

"...I will keep it in mind."

Ron answered while sipping his bowl of soup.

Despite saying that, Ron personally wasn't too bothered by [____]'s actions because she reminded him of his niece from Molran household.
Even though she was born into an assassin family, she was always childish and radiated a gentle light like an angel. Ron planned that when that girl grew up, he would allow her to separate from the assassin path and live a peaceful and happy life.

But unfortunately, that future never came, that girl could not survive that fateful night.

'If she were still alive, she would probably be like [____].'

Maybe Ron didn't know, that girl would never be like [____], because a normal girl would never go out in the middle of the night to bite people.

---

When Cale returned, Ron was sleeping. The assassin was not aware that people had arrived.

"[____]."
"Young master."

[____] stood up and looked toward Cale. She saw Choi Han and Hilsman coming in with the mermaid corpse and [____]'s eyes lit up.

Sigh.

A deep sigh came out of Cale's mouth. A pile of highest-grade potions was sitting next to Ron's bed.

"[____], remove the covers."
"Yes, young master."

Cale then turned towards Vicross.

"Vicross, can you lend me a glove?"

Vicross, who was looking [____] removing the blanket, suddenly flinched. He started to speak without looking at Cale.