Casa De Kenji

I don't have anything to say aside from that I hope you all continue to enjoy my writing, though eventually when I finish this story I might go back and rewrite some stuff to make it all line up better. But that's still quite some time away.

And yes, I saw the new trailer for Chaos Theory / that it was out, and I do plan on making a separate fic for that once I'm done with this one, even if it takes me forever.

But with all that said, I hope you enjoy it, and I'll see you at the bottom.

"Hello.": Normal talking.

"HELLO.": Yelling.

"Hello" Speaking through the radio.

'Hello': Thinking.

What: Emphasizing a word.

"HELLO": Signs and Warnings.

* bang * Sound effects.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

It was a new day for the members of what was once Camp Cretaceous, as they were still drifting at sea, trying to keep the yacht afloat and figure out their next move. Though they all knew they would have to dock soon to hopefully find some fuel for their rapidly draining supply of it, or what was left.

"Hurry up, Darius. With the engine off, we'll get swept out to sea or smashed on the rocks." Kenji called out to the young leader of their group.

Said leader was currently hanging off the side of the yacht with a rope tied around his waist, which Cass was holding, as he applied a new layer of tape over the hole in their boat. With a sigh of defeat as some of the taped peeled back up from the salt water.

"Alright, pull me up." Darius called out to the eldest teen, who in turn hoisted him back onto the boat and pulled him up over the railing with his free hand. "We gotta fix that hole or the gas would be the least of our problems." He said before untying the rope from his waist.

"Agreed." Cass simply said as he bundled up the rope before setting it down on one of the tables. He then promptly sat down in one of the booths and leaned onto Yasmina. Whether he wanted to show it or not, he was certain his fellow camp members could tell he wasn't getting much rest or eating. Even within the last three days he had only gotten a combined five hours worth of sleep and had only eaten one maybe two meals.

Yaz could see that he wasn't fairing too well, probably more than most considering that she spent a lot of alone time with said member of their dysfunctional family. Hell, she knew that he wasn't doing all that well when they had their first heart-to-heart all those months ago in the tree house that was once Camp Cretaceous. But things have definitely been getting worse for him ever since he came back injured, then there was the incident with Mitch, and the fact that she knows he is seeing what she only hopes are hallucinations of his dead family, though to what extent, she doesn't know. Yasmina knew that Cass was still pretty quiet and alone when it came to what he was thinking and feeling. Being the pillar that all of them relied on and being the first one to put themselves in harm's way if it meant they all got out safely, she knew he was under a great deal of stress, anxiety, and depression from all that had happened in his life and here.

But as strong as he was, he was also only nineteen, and carrying all of them and himself to survival. She could see it though... the way his eyes would get dimmer, the way he would stare into nothing, the lack of sleep, the lack of eating. Yaz knew that he was putting them before himself time and time again, with little to no regard for his own health and safety. And she was scared. Scared of what would happen to him if he took one step too far, scared of what could happen if they can't get back home sooner rather than later, scared of what Cass would do for them, scared of what he'd put himself through for their sake.