Love & Murder

Sam Morgan had let herself into Dr. Silas Clay's apartment to investigate for clues while her trusted partner, Damien Spinelli, was questioning witnesses about Silas' murder. She came across a video of Silas having an argument with Nikolas over his knowledge of Jake Doe being Jason Morgan.

"Spinelli, meet me back at office." Sam texted Spinelli.

"OK partner." Spinelli texted back.

Sam was waiting for Spinelli back at their PI office when Spinelli walked through the front doors.

"You'll never guess what I discovered at Silas' apartment?" Sam said, still blown away from the video.

Spinelli sat down next to Sam as she put the flash drive into her laptop and clicked on the video of Silas' and Nikolas' argument concerning Jake Doe.

"Wow!" Spinelli exclaimed after the video ended. "So Silas knew all about Nik's takeover of ELQ and that Jake is Jason?"

"Looks like we have another suspect in Silas' murder." Sam replied.

"Silas was going to tell the Q's about the takeover of ELQ." Spinelli said.

"Don't forget that he was also going to reveal that Jake Doe is really Jason Morgan." Sam said, still not able to believe it herself.

"How does that make you feel?" Spinelli asked. "That Jake is really Jason?"

"I don't know." Sam confessed. "It does make sense how Danny immediately took to Jake."

"I'm not surprised that Jake is Jason." Spinelli revealed. "I knew there was something familiar with him. And I had my suspicions about it myself."

"The question is, what do we do now?" Sam asked.

"I say we confront Nikolas first." Spinelli said. "Get his take on this matter."

Just then, Patrick sent Sam a text.

"Are you almost done at the office?"

"Yes. Why?" Sam texted back.

"I have made dinner plans for us at The Haunted Star."

"Ok. I'll be there shortly." Sam texted back.

"Well, why don't you go have dinner with Patrick, and I will have a visit with Nikolas." Spinelli suggested.

"Ok. Let me know what you find out." Sam said as she headed out of the office and home to get ready for dinner with Patrick.

Spinelli headed over to Wyndemere to have a talk with Nikolas, while Sam met with Patrick who had a surprise for her.

"Well, if you aren't a sight for sore eyes." Patrick said, as he gave Sam a kiss on the lips before helping her to her seat.

Sam was caught off guard when she looked down at her empty plate to find an engagement ring sitting there.

"What's this?"

As Patrick knelt down in front of her, he asked, "Sam Morgan, will you be my wife?"

Sam couldn't speak, after her discovery that Jake was Jason.