Getting Into His Head.

Aaron walked into the living room, feeling a knot of unease in his stomach. His parents had called him downstairs for a talk, and the serious expressions on their faces told him it wasn't going to be pleasant. His little sister, Ava, was sitting on the couch, staring at him with a blank expression, which only added to his anxiety.

Charlotte, his mother, gestured for him to sit down. "Aaron, we need to talk."

Aaron took a seat, glancing at Ava, who didn't meet his eyes. "What's this about?"

Andrew, his father, leaned forward, his voice stern. "It's about your relationship with Aria."

Aaron felt a surge of defensiveness. "What about it?"

Charlotte sighed, her tone weary. "We've been thinking a lot about this, Aaron. We've tried to accept it, but we just can't."

Aaron's heart sank, but he kept his voice steady. "Why not? What's wrong with Aria?"

Charlotte exchanged a look with Andrew before continuing. "She's a mess, Aaron. Her and her brother both. They're two kids without parents, and that's not the kind of influence we want around you."

Aaron felt a flash of anger. "That's not fair. You don't even know them."

Andrew's voice was harsh. "We know enough. Two kids without any parental guidance... it's not healthy. It's not the kind of environment you should be involved in."

Aaron clenched his fists, trying to keep his temper in check. "Aria and Nick are doing their best. They've been through a lot."

Charlotte shook her head. "And that's exactly the problem. They're unstable, Aaron. You don't need that kind of chaos in your life."

Aaron looked at Ava, hoping for some support, but she remained expressionless. He turned back to his parents, his voice shaking with frustration. "They're not chaotic. They're just trying to live their lives. Why can't you see that?"

Andrew's expression softened slightly, but his tone remained firm. "We're only thinking about what's best for you. You have a future ahead of you, Aaron. You don't need to be dragged down by someone else's baggage."

Aaron felt a pang of hurt at his father's words. "Aria's not baggage. She's... she's amazing. She makes me happy."

Charlotte's voice was gentle but insistent. "Aaron, we love you, and we want what's best for you. You can do better than this. You deserve someone who isn't burdened with so much... tragedy."

Aaron's mind was racing. He knew his parents loved him and wanted the best for him, but they didn't understand. They couldn't see the strength and beauty in Aria's resilience. But their words were getting to him, making him doubt everything he thought he knew.

Andrew leaned closer, his eyes piercing. "You need to think about your future, Aaron. Do you really want to tie yourself to someone who's had such a difficult past? Someone who might never fully recover?"

Aaron felt his resolve weakening, the weight of his parents' words pressing down on him. He looked at Ava again, hoping for some sign of support, but she remained silent, her face a mask.

Finally, Aaron stood up, his voice trembling with a mix of anger and confusion. "I don't know what to think anymore. I love her, but... maybe you're right. Maybe this is all too much."

Charlotte reached out to him, her eyes filled with concern. "We're not saying you can't care about her, Aaron. But you need to take care of yourself first."

Andrew nodded in agreement. "We just want what's best for you, son."

Aaron nodded slowly, feeling a sense of betrayal and doubt gnawing at him. "I need some time to think."

As he turned to leave, Ava finally spoke, her voice soft but clear. "Aaron... don't let them get into your head too much. Just... remember why you love her."

Aaron paused, looking back at his sister. Her words were a small comfort, a reminder of what he felt deep down. But as he left the room, the seeds of doubt planted by his parents continued to grow, making him question everything he thought he knew.

He walked up to his room, closing the door behind him. He felt torn between his love for Aria and his parents' concerns. As he lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, he knew he had a lot to think about, and no easy answers in sight.