Chapter 13: You and I

(April 1st 2026)

On the first day of April, the girls gathered at their beach house, excited and ready for some fun. It was a sunny morning, and the air was filled with anticipation. They had all agreed to meet here first, to go over the rules for their prank competition.

Chamile was the first to arrive, her face lit up with excitement. "I've got some killer ideas," she said, grinning as she waited for the others.

One by one, the rest of the girls arrived—Dara, Lisa, Sherie, Ludermary, Brynn, Ally, Camila, Dinah, and Normani. They were all buzzing with energy, each of them already plotting their pranks.

Once everyone was gathered, Lisa took charge. "Alright, girls, let's go over the rules one more time," she said, pulling out a small notebook. "No physical harm, no permanent damage, and definitely no pranks that will get us kicked out of the beach house."

"Agreed!" everyone chimed in.

"Remember, the last one standing who doesn't get pranked wins bragging rights and a gift card to Dave & Buster's," Lisa added with a smirk. "So, let the best prankster win!"

With that, the competition was on. The girls exchanged knowing looks, each determined to outsmart the others. The beach house was about to become the setting for a day full of surprises, laughter, and some very creative pranks.

As the girls settled into the dining room for breakfast, enjoying their morning coffee and toast, it was clear that everyone was on edge, ready for anything. But the first to fall victim was Camila.

She had just taken a seat at the head of the table, reaching for a piece of toast, when suddenly her chair collapsed underneath her. She let out a surprised yelp as she tumbled to the floor, sending a ripple of laughter through the room.

"Gotcha!" Dinah exclaimed, barely able to contain her laughter.

Camila looked up, bewildered at first, then broke into a grin. "Okay, okay, you got me," she said, shaking her head.

The girls continued to laugh as Camila got back up, dusting herself off. The competition had officially begun, and everyone knew that no one was safe.

•••

Chamile, Dara, Lisa, Sherie, and Ludermary stepped out of the car and into the bustling city streets, their nerves tingling with excitement. Today was a big day. They were heading to Mark's record label, Sonic Innovations, to discuss their future as potential new artists under his guidance.

As they approached the sleek, modern building, Lisa couldn't help but feel a surge of pride. She had always admired her stepdad's work in the music industry, and now she and her friends were about to become part of it.

"Are you guys ready for this?" Lisa asked, glancing at her friends as they walked through the glass doors.

"More than ready," Chamile replied, her voice steady but her eyes shining with anticipation.

Dara nodded, her usual calm demeanor slightly tinged with nervous energy. "This is it. Our chance to start fresh."

Sherie and Ludermary exchanged a quick, excited look, both of them practically buzzing with energy. "Let's do this!" Sherie said, her voice full of determination.

They were greeted by the receptionist, who directed them to Mark's office on the top floor. As they rode the elevator up, the girls exchanged encouraging smiles, each of them feeling the weight of the moment.

When the elevator doors opened, Mark was already waiting for them in the hallway, his face breaking into a wide smile as he saw the group. "There they are! My favorite group of girls," he said warmly, pulling Lisa into a quick hug before greeting the others.