vii. great, i got rejected twice

⛤

"HMM, THIS MUST BE THE 'ON' BUTTON." I NAVIGATED THE SCATTERING OF BUTTONS ON THE MEGAPHONE I WAS HOLDING.

"What the actual heck are you doing?" One of the boys asked angrily.

"Pissing off your beloved Togame-san!" I replied in a sing-song voice cheerfully. "What else does it look like?"

They blinked. "Erh...why though?"

"Why else? He pissed me off!" I laughed as my jacket's sleeve brushed off some dirt from the megaphone.

"See, I told you! Lover's quarrels!" They whispered again.

Soon silence enveloped the room except for the humming of tune escaping my lips. I looked around the storage room once more, which I found eventually on my own despite refusing help from the boys. My eyes landed on the pyramid heap of the Shishitoren's jacket lying on the dirty floor.

"You guys got some cool jackets," I commented, striding toward it while exchanging glances at the dirty and sweat-drenched jacket I had worn since morning.

One boy giggled. "I know right, It's one of our pride, wearing the jacket that-hey take it off!"

I ignored the boys as I crouched next to the jacket, and slid off mine, then replaced it with the Shishitoren one. I picked out a size that was a little big for me since the rest of them were all dirty. I felt a silky cool on my bare arms and neck as the jacket fell onto my skin. I instantly fell in love with it.

"Hey, hey, I said take it off!"

"Stop her!"

"Why me? You go!"

The boys blushed at the thought of having to touch a girl in order to drag me out of the room.

"Can I climb on the roof?" I asked, pointing my finger up.

The boys sighed in defeat. "How about this...you go up, do whatever you want to do while we leave and you don't snitch on us." They offered. "How does that sound?"

"Ah, shucks!" I exclaimed, arms resting on my legs while still crouching on the floor.

"Huh? Why?" They gave me a puzzled look.

"'Cause, I can't promise that." I looked at them in a fake-bored expression.

"Well you gotta because-"

I beckoned them with my one finger.

"Huh? Me?"

I nodded, waving my finger in the air again. "I got a plan."

They hesitated for a while until they decided to finally approach me.

"So, how about this..." I began.

I placed a flattened carton box on the roof of the Theatre roof and sat on it. In front of me is an open window where I can see Togame deep in his sleep with his legs propped up onto another seat.