Dinner for Five

That night when I got home I placed the flowers on the table in our entry hall and went to my room to put the note in a little box where I kept all my "fan mail." There were pictures of me with bunches of children and tons more of little stick figures that the children had drawn for me.

I then plugged my IPod into the docking station in the bathroom, I know that sounds really strange, and cranked up the volume as my Rascal Flatts came on. I disrobed and hopped in the shower letting the water sooth away all of my crazy thoughts about the day. After at least an hour long shower I changed into some comfy running shorts and a tank top, I then plopped on the couch and began to read. I didn't want to do anything until Ladli got home because I didn't know what she wanted to do for dinner.

That was a mistake.

When she got home I was engrossed in the story, especially since one of my favorite characters, Jack, had just been killed, that I hadn't even noticed her come in.

"You are such a lazy bum!" she yelled, tossing her keys into the dish by the door and huffing into the living room, where I didn't even glance up at her.

"What did I do this time? Or should it be what didn't I do?" I inquired still looking at my book. She came around the couch to stand in front of me. I could only imagine the look of disgust and crazy eye rolling that was going on while she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Will you look at me when I am talking to you?" she sounded so much like she was my mother that I had to roll my eyes.

"Before I do anything, your highness, I suggest you answer my original question. It is completely illogical to be mad at someone if they are unaware of what they did, or didn't do in my case." I looked up at this point to solidify my point, and see what reaction this would get out of her.

Ladli was only around five foot two and at the moment her light golden chestnut hair was in a messy ponytail. And her chocolate eyes glaring pointedly at me.

This seemed to be how most days went lately, I would come home, do the wrong thing, get yelled at, and then make a witty and indisputable comeback. Ya it was a strange thing to do but oh well that's just us.

She just sighed and walker into the kitchen muttering under her breath, something about a cow and female dog not real sure though.

"You didn't follow my list of 'things to do' that I clearly left on the fridge for you to do when you got home." She came back into the living room holding up a piece of paper that had on it in BIG PRINT

'Rose,

My parents are coming over to have dinner with us and Sean, can you please manage to tidy up the apartment for me just

1 swiffer the floor

2 throw the dishes into the dishwasher

3 straighten up the living room

4 pull out our nice table cloth and silver wear and put them on the table I will take care of it when I get home.

Love you Ladli'

"Well as you can tell none of that got done" I laughed.

"Well I can see that," she huffed and walked back into the kitchen, "now get off your lazy butt and tidy up in there while I get the kitchen, they are going to be coming over soon.

Doing as I was told I completed my "chores" and helped Ladli with dinner. By the time we heard the keys turn and Ladli's boyfriend Sean walk through the door we were laughing crazily and mildly intoxicated from the wine we were supposed to be cooking with as well as elbow deep in cookie dough.

Ladli's Boyfriend Sean was around six feet tall if not a few inches taller, had blond hair cut rather short, crystal blue eyes, and was well built with broad shoulders. He had been a football player in highschool and was now a "master mechanic" whatever that was. He and Ladli complemented each other well.

"What the hell is going on in here?" he laughed stealing a spoonful of cookie dough and retreating quickly before he could get the pinch of flour I threw at him on his face.

"Oh nothing," we smiled sweetly.

"I don't think I trust either of you," he backed slowly from the kitchen still laughing and went to sit on the couch and watch basket ball.