❣︎ 𝒯𝒽ℯ ℳ𝒾𝓀𝒶ℯ𝓁𝓈ℴ𝓃 𝒷𝒶𝓁𝓁 ❣︎

Esther had organized a ball at the Mikaelsons' new house Klas had renovated. Everyone in the town was invited. Esther wanted to be in good terms with everyone. Mainly with the mayor Mrs. Lockwood and the council. She wanted them to know that there wasn't any danger coming from them towards the town. But especially she wanted to be a family again. Which I was supposed to be a part of too now.
I entered the huge ball room in dress that Klaus had sent me. It had taken me a while to make up my mind if I wanted to wear it. I was still a little mad at him. He had been acting like a brat.

I looked around searching for Rebekah. However, instead of her, I spotted Klaus standing nearby with some woman. She was pretty, but despite that, Klaus' attention was aimed at me. I kept my sight straight ahead of me and wanted to avoid him, but he walked to me and stepped in my way.

"You're avoiding me," he said.

"Oh, really?" I asked sarcastically and walked past him. I didn't want to talk to him. I was about to put him to a little test.

3rd person

"Elena Gilbert I presume," Finn grabbed the two glasses of champagne and handed one to Elena. "I'm Finn Mikaelson," he introduced himself. Elena looked up at him and took the champagne. "You're here to see my mother."

Elena looked around searching for Esther, "Is she here?"

"She requests not to include Alice's brothers," Finn pointed out.

"They're protecting me," Elena defended them. "You may not know, but your brother's already tried to kill me once."

"If you want to see my mother, you'll need to be alone," Finn insisted. It seemed Elena didn't have another choice.

"If everyone could gather please," Elijah's voice traveled to their ears.

"Excuse me," Finn apologized and walked off to the staircase, where his siblings were standing.

"Welcome. Thank you for joining us," Elijah welcomed their guests. Alice stood beside him. "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

"You see Alice too, right?" Damon whispered to Stefan, staring straight at their younger sister standing with the original family.

"Oh, yeah..." Stefan confirmed. They weren't pleased of how close their sister was to them. But there wasn't exactly a way how to make her hate them or anything.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz," Elijah continued. "So if all of you could find yourself a partner and please join us in the ballroom."

3rd person

I was making my way through the crowds, when I encountered to Damon. He asked me to dance with him. I gave him a surprised look. I supposed maybe he would dance with Elena.

"It would be rude not to dance with your older brother, you know," he smirked at me.
I accepted his gesture and placed my hand around his arm he offered me. "Brother."
Together we joined other pairs at the dance floor.

For a while there, the dance was really nice. We danced in silence until he spoke up, "So you already replaced us sister?" Was he seriously asking me this question? Did he want to act like I betrayed them and didn't care about them anymore again? Where was he going with this?

"I didn't replace anyone, Damon."

"Oh, really? Then how do you call sleeping with our enemy?" he commented. I avoided eye contact with him. This was too much. Why was he so rude? I thought we were past this.
I thought Stefan had explained. Stefan understood, so why couldn't Damon? What was his problem? Was it a crime to fall in love?